about;blank hijack !!!

marklyons

Standard Member
Reaction score
anyone know how to rid my system of this ******* menace? have windows xp,AVG virus scan,noadware !all have failed to get rid of it.i have seen lots of various spyware products who claim for more of my hard earned pounds i can get rid of it but do not trust them.also got the following popup window message run-time error '13' type mismatch Help !!!!!!:lease:

Have sent you a PM with link. Have you tried doing the scans in "safe mode" as you turn on the pc keep pressing F8 this should bring up the option to boot in safe mode. when pc has booted turn off system restore, as this can be used by viruses to reinstall themselves when deleted. run all your virus detection software then restart pc. Also do a search for a program called "Hijackthis" this scans your pc and shows any dodgy entries and its result can be posted to a pc help forum for there techie people to advise you about. link to hijackthis http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3155.html

anti spyware programs are a funny thing some find and delete some spyware that others don't. I would recommend running 3 seperate ones and scanning with each, that should help.

I use:
Spybot Search and Destroy..its very good
Ad-Aware again very good..both available free from www.download.com

and Microsoft Defender for real time protection. from www.microsoft.com

I have never had problems with spyware.

Also worth checking that XP has all the latest patches etc...from update.microsoft.com.

Winpatrol also a very good program to have, it prevents any changes to your hosts file and asks your permission when these changes happen.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom