About A Boy Soundtrack

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by HeadBanger, May 20, 2002.

1. HeadBanger

HeadBanger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +490
    Any one here have problems with this CD?

My Rotel refuses to read it unless I turn the machine off and on again whilst the CD is still in it - then it's fine. I bought it from CD Wow.

This is the first CD I've encountered that does this - I hope it's nothing to do with the anti-piracy encryption or it is probably the start of many.:mad:

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No problems with this disk (which I bought from cd-wow), but I had a problem with Badly Drawn Boy's first CD (also bought from cd-wow). It kept "sticking" 1 min from the end of track 1. They sent me a replacement and it did the same thing. In the end, it turned out they had taken delivery of a faulty batch. They promptly sent me a further replacement from a new batch which was fine.

Might be worth getting a replacement from them in case it's a similar thing...

3. Seany boy!!!

Seany boy!!!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How is the new album? I loved the last, but i'm not keen on the title track from the new album.

4. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't like the title track at first either, but after seeing him perform it on Jools Holland it really grew on me.

Naturally, it's a bit different from the first what with it being a soundtrack but the humour is still there :)

If you don't like the title track, then there's a good probability you won't like this CD - but then it might grow on you after a while - you never know ;)

5. Seany boy!!!

Seany boy!!!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    nice one;)

6. HeadBanger

HeadBanger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +490
    Cheers Squirrel God I didn't realise you could retun things so easily with them! They are sending a new one today along with a pre-paid return envelope!

Seany boy - it's nowhere near as good as his debut album or as good as a lot of the music critics would have you believe. It's obviously a film soundtrack from the outset and has been mixed accordingly. Still a good album though and it's certainly worth £8.99. As Squirrel God says - if you don't like the title track I also doubt you'll like the rest of it.

7. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Great aren't they :D I love the way that they send out replacements immediately and trust you to return the faulty one - if only everyone else was like this, instead of making you wait 2 weeks while they wait to receive the faulty one (which you have paid the postage for!) before they despatch the replacement! :(