• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

about £2000-£2500 to spend?

enthusiast01

Standard Member
i have about maximum 2500 to spend on a reciever and speaker pack just wanted some suggestions on combinations at this price range for a medium sized room with the surround speakers at the widest points of the room and the centre the closest. i was looking at maybe a denon 3310 with a kef 5005.2 pack? any other suggestions?

dante01

Distinguished Member
i have about maximum 2500 to spend on a reciever and speaker pack just wanted some suggestions on combinations at this price range for a medium sized room with the surround speakers at the widest points of the room and the centre the closest. i was looking at maybe a denon 3310 with a kef 5005.2 pack? any other suggestions?

I think the Yamaha RXV3900 better value for money than the Denon AVR3310.

An alternative to the KEF speakers would be the B&W MT25 package.
http://whathifi.com/Review/BandW-MT-25/

enthusiast01

Standard Member
i did actually have a yamaha in the past and found it just didnt have the clarity and was just to bass heavy after automatic calibration. i know what you mean though denon do always seem overpriced but found pio and onkyo were to sharp and intense and like i said about yamaha in the past? hmm guess with the right partnering all the recievers could be at there best. what about the likes of the high end sony or marantz? and maybe monitor audio radius hd?

dante01

Distinguished Member
i did actually have a yamaha in the past and found it just didnt have the clarity and was just to bass heavy after automatic calibration. i know what you mean though denon do always seem overpriced but found pio and onkyo were to sharp and intense and like i said about yamaha in the past? hmm guess with the right partnering all the recievers could be at there best. what about the likes of the high end sony or marantz? and maybe monitor audio radius hd?

I'd say that the Sony amps will not be to your liking given your previous experiences of Onkyo and Pioneer. The Marantz is worth a listen to, but I think Denon have them pipped so far this year and there's also a bizare setup regarding Audyssey and the Marantz AV amps that stops them from being able to use it if HD audio is being bitstreamed to them.

MA speakers will go well with either Yamaha, DEnon or Marantz.

Passingbat

Distinguished Member
Is the fact that you've specified 'style' speakers a necessity or preference, and could you have 'normal' speakers ---floorstanders or standmount speakers? Normal speakers will sound better than Style speakers.

The MA Silver range is on almost half price discount at the moment, due to a new range being introduced and they work really well with Denon or Yamaha amps. Dealers' websites still show the full price, so you have to call for the discount pricing.

Silver RS Range

MONITOR AUDIO Hifi and AV at Hifix

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom