Abortion thoughts/rant/questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daveell

Novice Member
Reaction score
Big topic, I know. I find myself just wondering what's right in these situations, science wise and moral. Canadian here, but follow a lot of usa politics. So first off, I will say my thoughts on this topic have changed a bit throughout the years, but would still consider myself pro choice. My thoughts used to be(before i learned more about it) that the life wasn't considered a life until it comes out of the women and takes it's first breath. After looking into it, and learning however, I don't think this makes any sense scientifically. I mean, how could the science change say from the day b4 it comes out to the day, makes 0 sense. I think we would all agree its wrong to deliver a baby and snap its neck when it comes out, so i see it as wrong in doing that days prior as well.
Now comes the part when you have to go back and say when is it ok, and when not. Brain activity, heart beat, feeling pain, etc.. what makes a living human being? I know science does say its a life at conception which makes sense to me. However, I don't think you can say at conception its the same type of life as you and me.. Another thing is, I do believe its the women(and man) responsibility of creating that life.. There are many things you can do to not become pregnant, not having sex, protection, and even morning after pills etc.. So here's a question, what would be wrong with say having a ban on abortion say in the later terms? I mean, most usa and canada actually are in the camp of this. Most are against late term abortions. This would give women plenty of time to have one if needed, but keep it to the lower months when hopefully the fetus/baby doesn't feel pain etc.. Why do so many ppl get mad over this thought, when most north america anyway, agrees that late term abortions arent acceptable for no reason what so ever? thoughts?

How many late term abortions are there with a viable foetus? I would guess very few indeed, but I’m sure you will be able to tell me.

Apart from that, it is the women’s right to choose and most abortion law is made by men in order to control women’s bodies.

You've joined an AV forum and your first choice of posting is to make a thread about abortion rights.

Seems a bit odd.

Other than that, welcome.
lol yes, why weird? just been on my mind.. thanks

How many late term abortions are there with a viable foetus? I would guess very few indeed, but I’m sure you will be able to tell me.

Apart from that, it is the women’s right to choose and most abortion law is made by men in order to control women’s bodies.
Not too many I don't think.. I want to say 2% are late term.. in canada, but i think thats 2000 lives at least.. I do get that point, just dunno if it makes it ok to do one then for 0 reason.. And i would come back on that last statement and say its not the womens body, science says its another body..

and there are also many women who are against abortion correct.. people act like all women are against, that's false.. again, most people are against late term abortions so what would be wrong with stopping those ones done for no reason at a late stage?

lol yes, why weird?

It's an AV forum.

Most people join to ask questions about AV related topics and then move into other areas of the forum as they start to feel more comfortable. Not start straight out the gates by creating a potentially controversial topic 2 minutes after joining.

The ones that do often have an agenda.

This is a UK based forum, there are members from around the world though but the majority are from the UK. Here it's not that controversial a topic as the vast majority recognise a woman's right to choose, even the religious ones, they just do it less vocally.

It's an AV forum.

Most people join to ask questions about AV related topics and then move into other areas of the forum as they start to feel more comfortable. Not start straight out the gates by creating a potentially controversial topic 2 minutes after joining.

The ones that do often have an agenda.

This is a UK based forum, there are members from around the world though but the majority are from the UK. Here it's not that controversial a topic as the vast majority recognise a woman's right to choose, even the religious ones, they just do it less vocally.
ah,, not sure what AV means just did a google search for political forums and this site came up... and im ok with starting off with a contreversial subject, i can take the heat.

As I said, it's not that controversial here as opposed to your neighbouring country.

AV - Audio Visual. Televisions, projectors, speakers, amplifiers etc.

I used to live in a country where it's illegal.
Women die from getting it done by shady people who just want to take their money.

I've also worked in a country where it's illegal to abort, but also against their beliefs to use birth-control. Those who can't afford to feed an infant sell the baby.

At one time abortion clinics in California were being bombed by extremists.

ah, so is there any polls done in uk on late term abortions? people are ok with that for 0 reason? or do you not know the answer to that? wouldnt the right moral stance be to protect life at all costs?

I used to live in a country where it's illegal.
Women die from getting it done by shady people who just want to take their money.

I've also worked in a country where it's illegal to abort, but also against their beliefs to use birth-control. Those who can't afford to feed an infant sell the baby.

At one time abortion clinics in California were being bombed by extremists.
where was that? I can see that problem, but if you have a large amount of time to get one done legally(i guess they didn't in your case) but in my proposal the women would have plenty of time to get one done legally right? so wouldn't that help your problem you bring up? and for some reason if a women was at a late stage, why can't she have the baby and give it up for adoption? and to your other point i get as well, but im not against social programs to help in that way.. I guess the people who are are basically saying look, you had the baby, you made the choice, so why is it up to society to raise or help raise the kid? I mean people can always get help right, friends fam, charities.. not perfect i get it, but again isnt it the people who made the baby and made that choice, to get there lives together at that point ?

ah, so is there any polls done in uk on late term abortions? people are ok with that for 0 reason? or do you not know the answer to that? wouldnt the right moral stance be to protect life at all costs?

What do you mean by 0 reason? I would bet that no abortion is done without valid reason.

What do you mean by 0 reason? I would bet that no abortion is done without valid reason.
this is incorrect, at least usa and i assume canada and others.. most abortions are actually done out of conveinence.. meaning the people aren't ready for a kid..

is gallup from uk? cause im reading some polls that don't really say uk isnt cool with abortions, or as cool with it as you would suggest.. Dunno if gallup is uk though, hense why im asking

this is incorrect, at least usa and i assume canada and others.. most abortions are actually done out of conveinence.. meaning the people aren't ready for a kid..

But surely that's a reason in itself. It's a huge commitment bringing a life into this world. If someone decided they couldn't do it, for some reason, that's a responsible decision.

But surely that's a reason in itself. It's a huge commitment bringing a life into this world. If someone decided they couldn't do it, for some reason, that's a responsible decision.
I mean yes and no... no because your pretty much ending a life for conveinence.. thats actually kinda selfish if you think about it..

and again, in my proposal(if you will) the women would have plenty of time to get an abortion, and as well of course all the decisions that got her there could have been avoided for the most part. the most responsible thing to do is not have a kid until you have your life together, i get it.. but again say at 20 weeks there was a ban, why would that be so contreversial at a point like then? or would it be? i dunno.. you would think if most people are agaisnt late term abortion for no reason, you woould hear more of that point.. I don't hear it much at all.

im talking about how the public feels about late term abortions

Why?

To what end?

Are you publishing a paper?
Do you have some kind of vested interest?

Why?

To what end?

Are you publishing a paper?
Do you have some kind of vested interest?
why triggered? this is the problem.. I told you, just a political topic I find myself trying to get to the truth in... and why? again, because if the majority of the public is against it, then shouldn't it be talked about, and not sweaped under a rug?

There's a one-child policy in China since the 80s, but they did modify it so that if you live rurally & your firstborn is a daughter, you can have a second go at a son, to continue the surname (bloodline).
However, people will just sell them if they come out the wrong gender.

You mention adoption, I call it selling, because sometimes it's not done legally, which then becomes trafficking.
They're often not offered anything for a legal adoption & the legal requirements can be a problem, so off it goes for $1,000 USD to the parent & much more for the person who brokers the deal.

why triggered? this is the problem..

The problem, IMO, is you've joined her with some kind of agenda and you're not being honest about it.

I don't get "triggered". I'm not some Pro-Trump snowflake, but I refuse to waste any more time in this thread with someone I believe to be acting in bad-faith or throws around the "triggered" word when they don't like questions being put to them.

We don't have the huge issues the US does with abortion rights, it's not a political topic any of the parties stand for. A woman has the right to choose, that's it.

And locked in 3, 2, 1...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom