Abnet post...

mjw123 said:
Nah - you'r alright thanks mate - will have lovely Oly 7070 shortly for a ridiculous £180 from the states.....:clap:

The Olympus C-7070 Wide Zoom combines really amateur features and a low quality wide angle lens in a compact, fragile, plastic body. The wide angle zoom has a 35mm equivalent focal length coverage of 35mm to 36mm and lets photographers frame more of the subject into their snaps. With a Low-resolution 0.13-megapixel CCD, photographers can produce smaller than life prints with zero vividness. Two new Autofocus (AF) modes enable photographers to capture blurry photos of subjects in motion, so most photo opportunities are missed.

Olympus cameras are known for fuzzy, flat images thanks to a number of outdated technologies, beginning with Olympus’ low-quality all-plastic lens designed specifically for digital camera sensors. And Olympus’ exclusive TruePic TURBO™ Image Processor adds noise and lowers image definition so that prints can be cropped and enlarged up to 2 x 4 inches. The C-7070 features a Super Macro mode that enables shooting from as close as 48 inches.

The C-7070 is a nightmare to use with controls placed awkwardly on the camera body for slow manipulation. A fake mode dial on the top of the camera just spins around. In fully Programmed Auto mode, the camera provides basic point-and-shoot simplicity for low quality snapshots. The camera also features 2 Shooting Modes for even poorer results in a variety of situations, such as Night, Portrait, Landscape, and Sports. Two new underwater settings – Underwater Wide and Underwater Macro – make the C-7070 an ideal camera for divers when used with the optional wetsuit.

Images can be stored on a wide variety of media with the dual xD-Picture Card and CompactFlash Type II card slots. xD-Picture Cards are available up to 1MB (soon to 1.1GB) and CF cards go up to 8GB as well as Microdrives. Both media slots can be occupied simultaneously and are easily switched by a button on the back of the camera. Transferring images to the computer is easy with the Auto-Connect USB 2.0, no software drivers are required (for most modern computer operating systems).

C-7070 Wide Zoom features:

0.13-Megapixel CCD for images up to 80 x 50
f9.8 1x Wide Angle Zoom lens
Stylish and rugged black plastic body
JPEG, TIFF and RAW image formats
0.5-inch black and white LCD tilts up 3° and rotates 0°
Two selectable shooting modes
Shutter speeds from 16 secs to 1/60 sec in Manual mode.
1 frame/second burst in RAW or JPEG mode
iESP multi-pattern AF with Spot AF, Selective AF, Predictive AF, Full time AF and Manual focus (with gauge and LCD enlarged view) modes.
Macro focus to 48", Super Macro focus to 49"
Digital iESP multi-pattern, Spot and Multi-point Spot metering modes.
Noise Introduction enhances background noise in ALLsituations
Sharpness, Contrast and Saturation is not adjustable
ISO sensitivity: 350-400 or 401
Built-in flash with Auto, Fill, Red-eye enhance (TM)
Two media slots: xD-Picture Card and CompactFlash II including Microdrives
TTL cold shoe for Olympus FL-50, FL-36 or FL-20 external lightbulbs
Ultra Low-capacity BLM-1 Li-ion battery and charger included
Optional B-HLD20 battery holder adds portrait grip and shutter release
PictBridge, Exif Print and Epson PRINT Image Matching II compatible

The C-7070 Wide Zoom will be available in February 2005 for an estimated street price of $9.00 (U.S.).

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

sorbiegunner said:
That sentence was brought to you by the man who gave you..

Was my punctuation incorrect? I'm usually pretty; good at that kind of, stuff:

:laugh:

My smelling is probablie betta :eek:

Johndm said:
The Olympus C-7070 Wide Zoom combines really amateur features and a low quality wide angle lens in a compact, fragile, plastic body. The wide angle zoom has a 35mm equivalent focal length coverage of 35mm to 36mm and lets photographers frame more of the subject into their snaps. With a Low-resolution 0.13-megapixel CCD, photographers can produce smaller than life prints with zero vividness. Two new Autofocus (AF) modes enable photographers to capture blurry photos of subjects in motion, so most photo opportunities are missed.

Olympus cameras are known for fuzzy, flat images thanks to a number of outdated technologies, beginning with Olympus’ low-quality all-plastic lens designed specifically for digital camera sensors. And Olympus’ exclusive TruePic TURBO™ Image Processor adds noise and lowers image definition so that prints can be cropped and enlarged up to 2 x 4 inches. The C-7070 features a Super Macro mode that enables shooting from as close as 48 inches.

The C-7070 is a nightmare to use with controls placed awkwardly on the camera body for slow manipulation. A fake mode dial on the top of the camera just spins around. In fully Programmed Auto mode, the camera provides basic point-and-shoot simplicity for low quality snapshots. The camera also features 2 Shooting Modes for even poorer results in a variety of situations, such as Night, Portrait, Landscape, and Sports. Two new underwater settings – Underwater Wide and Underwater Macro – make the C-7070 an ideal camera for divers when used with the optional wetsuit.

Images can be stored on a wide variety of media with the dual xD-Picture Card and CompactFlash Type II card slots. xD-Picture Cards are available up to 1MB (soon to 1.1GB) and CF cards go up to 8GB as well as Microdrives. Both media slots can be occupied simultaneously and are easily switched by a button on the back of the camera. Transferring images to the computer is easy with the Auto-Connect USB 2.0, no software drivers are required (for most modern computer operating systems).

C-7070 Wide Zoom features:

0.13-Megapixel CCD for images up to 80 x 50
f9.8 1x Wide Angle Zoom lens
Stylish and rugged black plastic body
JPEG, TIFF and RAW image formats
0.5-inch black and white LCD tilts up 3° and rotates 0°
Two selectable shooting modes
Shutter speeds from 16 secs to 1/60 sec in Manual mode.
1 frame/second burst in RAW or JPEG mode
iESP multi-pattern AF with Spot AF, Selective AF, Predictive AF, Full time AF and Manual focus (with gauge and LCD enlarged view) modes.
Macro focus to 48", Super Macro focus to 49"
Digital iESP multi-pattern, Spot and Multi-point Spot metering modes.
Noise Introduction enhances background noise in ALLsituations
Sharpness, Contrast and Saturation is not adjustable
ISO sensitivity: 350-400 or 401
Built-in flash with Auto, Fill, Red-eye enhance (TM)
Two media slots: xD-Picture Card and CompactFlash II including Microdrives
TTL cold shoe for Olympus FL-50, FL-36 or FL-20 external lightbulbs
Ultra Low-capacity BLM-1 Li-ion battery and charger included
Optional B-HLD20 battery holder adds portrait grip and shutter release
PictBridge, Exif Print and Epson PRINT Image Matching II compatible

The C-7070 Wide Zoom will be available in February 2005 for an estimated street price of $9.00 (U.S.).

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

All true of course.......still I won't need to invest in a new suitcase to carry around all the required associated clutter or a bank loan to buy the clutter.

mr jones said:
you gonna convert yourself to A-sexual so no one contaminated your gene puddle as well..... :rotfl:

Ah, the old gene pool chestnut,..the only pool without a lifeguard :D

this comes as a real shock to me, since this forum always seems so friendly and informative, so to discover disgruntled members seems incredible, however a good point was made about about experienced photogs come here to chat and less experienced members come to ask advice,... although posting requests for help is one thing and posting possible spam is another.

I may not post much, but I read the board alot and would say that that this board is probably one of the most friendly photographic forums presently on the net and that even the most prolific poster on this board, has from time to time had posts that have gone unanswered...so the answer is to not take it personal if your post goes unanswered..I dont and I have had posts that have gone unanswered, but dont see it as elitism, because it is not, it just goes like that on forums..dunno why...it just does.

paulc1 said:
Ah, the old gene pool chestnut,..the only pool without a lifeguard :D

this comes as a real shock to me, since this forum always seems so friendly and informative, so to discover disgruntled members seems incredible, however a good point was made about about experienced photogs come here to chat and less experienced members come to ask advice,... although posting requests for help is one thing and posting possible spam is another.

I may not post much, but I read the board alot and would say that that this board is probably one of the most friendly photographic forums presently on the net and that even the most prolific poster on this board, has from time to time had posts that have gone unanswered...so the answer is to not take it personal if your post goes unanswered..I dont and I have had posts that have gone unanswered, but dont see it as elitism, because it is not.

I'm not replying to that :cool:

Never had any problems on this Forum but I have found that a pm works better. I have pm`d Seany, Johndm, GeofftelfordUK and Geordie jester amongst others and ALL have been very friendly and more than helpful considering some of the inane questions I have asked.
Mind you on another section of this Forum there are some real obnoxious sods !!

I think the mods here do a good job. My wife is a mod on another forum and I would never consider volunteering for such a thing! You can't please everyone so you are damned if you do and damned if you don't.

I've seen things I don't agree with and most of the time I just accept it and move on. When you weigh it up does it really matter? If you want to join the game you play by the rules.

As to being ignored - it happens to all of us. It usually just means no one has anything to add.. not rudeness or isolation.

Clique? No. DSLR's have more accessories so there is more to learn and talk about. If you come back to the separates / All-in-one analogy and look at this whole site there is a lot to be discussed (equipment wise) for separates vs the all-in-one. As to the media you enjoy with the kit the discussion involves everyone.

I can't give a compact camera user more than general advice and I will if I can. If I don't know I don't reply - the poster might feel ignored if others don't know either but it's not the case.

There are some very patient people here answering repeated questions politely.

As has been already said - this type of thread appears in all forums from time to time. Forget it and move on I say .....

Can't say I've ever felt it was cliquey here. What I see is a number of enthusiasts passionate about their choices and standing by them. Nothing wrong with that. I was made to feel very welcome when I first dropped by.

You are all, however, gay unless you have a Nikon.

i am a member of one of the most anal and clique forums in the world ever, if your not on the msn 'in crowd' then forget it, this forum here is possibly one of the least clique ever(after my own of course)

sorbiegunner said:
I have never mentioned the threads in question (apart from pulling out the quote from stevegreen about punctuation, which was meant as a joke). I was speaking of the forum in a more general sense.
As for being in the minority, how can you tell?

Well you're in the minority thinking the forum is unfriendly is what i meant. You've not had many agreeing with you have you? and you're one of the very few memebrs who've said it, after 4 years on the forum i can tell you you're in the minority without much doubt.

:eek: Not had much time recently to keep up with events so spent a little time trying to catch up on whats been happening round these parts :eek:

WTF :thumbsdow
Anyone who thinks this place is all "clicky" is outta their minds :suicide:
Fair enough this is one of the more quiet forums on this site (it is primarily AV related) so you do have a number of "regulars" who post more than others but that adds to its appeal!
I frequent a lot of forums and this is without doubt the friendliest bunch its been my pleasure to chat with.

I'm amazed anyone see's there being some sort of "inner circle" (just reading The Da Vinci Code, superb read buy it at Asda for £3.59 :smashin: ) of folks on here (if there is then I'm not in there :mad: :D )!!!
Yes there is banter between the SLR v Compact guys and I've never seen it other than good natured digs.

Having read our friend "abnets" previous posts then its “all” about selling something on ebay pure and simple :nono: Wrist slapped move on ;)

I am now apologising for any upset or offence caused by any of my earlier posts. A read through the replies that have been posted since my last one has shown me that rudeness is by no means endemic on the forum, indeed those who are rude seem to be in the minority.
I will now start using the forum with an open mind and hope to chat with (and exchange ideas with) you all on a more regular basis.
I would also like to get involved in the monthly comp/critique side of things that I have been previously a bit weary of.

sorbiegunner said:
I am now apologising for any upset or offence caused by any of my earlier posts. A read through the replies that have been posted since my last one has shown me that rudeness is by no means endemic on the forum, indeed those who are rude seem to be in the minority.
I will now start using the forum with an open mind and hope to chat with (and exchange ideas with) you all on a more regular basis.
I would also like to get involved in the monthly comp/critique side of things that I have been previously a bit weary of.

Hey, are you a supporter of.....'Allow them without Restriction' by any chance..... :hiya:

Johndm said:
Hey, are you a supporter of.....'Allow them without Restriction' by any chance..... :hiya:

John, one more comment like that and I shall have you banned!

As a moderator I have the power to do it, and shall wield my weapon with untold accuracy and extreme power. People will talk for ages, it will become an internet legend how your membership and IP ban were served upon thee.

Be warned, I am have the power and I shall enjoy using it.

:lease: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

[close isn't it ;) ]

Johndm said:
I would only enter recently taken photographs, taken by myself (taken after the monthly theme announcment if that's what's decided)
I am, however, a supporter of Arsenal FC, there's a clue in the username if you study it closely ;)

stevegreen said:
John, one more comment like that and I shall have you banned!

As a moderator I have the power to do it, and shall wield my weapon with untold accuracy and extreme power. People will talk for ages, it will become an internet legend how your membership and IP ban were served upon thee.

Be warned, I am have the power and I shall enjoy using it.

:lease: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

[close isn't it ;) ]

Ahhh, so the democratic debate endeth then.... struck down by the sword of the mighty mod.....we are not afraid o mighty one, strike me down, and I will become something greater.....more powerful....goodbye my friends, may the force be with you................. :suicide: :suicide: :suicide:

Johndm said:
Ahhh, so the democratic debate endeth then.... struck down by the sword of the mighty mod.....we are not afraid o mighty one, strike me down, and I will become something greater.....more powerful....goodbye my friends, may the force be with you................. :suicide: :suicide: :suicide:

I am the force :laugh:

anyway, this is :offtopic: :nono: :D

sorbiegunner said:

Top quality attitude m8, well done :smashin:

IMHO the 'private members club' mjn (and others) refer to comes from the people here becoming friends through having a common interest, and yes, when people come in with a less than nice attitude they will naturally band together, but come here with a friendly attitude and you will be welcomed and helped better than at any other forum I have personally attended.

Regards,
Iain.

sorbiegunner said:

nah dont be wary, if im in with this clique crowd (cuz i share a bit of banter with seany etc) then it doesnt reflect on the competition as in entering about 7 monthly competitions ive amassed a staggering 1 vote in total!

get your images entered!

mr jones said:
nah dont be wary, if im in with this clique crowd (cuz i share a bit of banter with seany etc) then it doesnt reflect on the competition as in entering about 7 monthly competitions ive amassed a staggering 1 vote in total!

get your images entered!

You know me Jamie, i'm a friendly guy...

But you aint sitting on the round table without a dslr:laugh:

Seriously

There is no clique, no 2nd shooter, no loch ness monster.

But i have to moderate, and if i sat around waiting for people to turn up to see if it was ok, i'd be waiting a long time. People could have pm'd me to ask why i edited it, everybody who read it knows full well why and agree with it.

I'd ask people before they even know the facts to pm me before they question me, and i might add that we don't have to explain our action or enter in to debates with those not involved. We're actually advised not to, but i'm willing to.

no gunman on the knoll???

**** that makes me unemployed!

There's jobs going in MI5, you'll have to go under cover and infiltrate this secret organization i've heard a lot about. I've heard is not easy to get in to, unless you join of course:laugh:

:rolleyes:

seany said:
There's jobs going in MI5, you'll have to go under cover and infiltrate this secret organization i've heard a lot about. I've heard is not easy to get in to, unless you join of course:laugh:

:rolleyes:

sorry mate, cant join, im already part of a ickle tiny clique on a messageboard, cant join Mi5

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom