1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Abit IS7 MB onboard sound.

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by BadAss, Jan 26, 2005.

1. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    Just bought a new Abit IS7 MB and I'm using the on board sound chip but I'm getting (like my old abit MB) interfierance. Everytime I move the mouse pointer I can hear it. Is there anyway to get rid of it?

2. Leporello

Leporello

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Abit IC7-G mainboard with the same onboard sound chip as yours. I'm afraid you're out of luck. I recently had occasion to try the onboard sound. Not to mince my words on this, it's a bit of useless marketting add on. A badly implemented semi feature. When I tried mine I was not only able to hear my mouse move, I could hear the NB fan, the hard drive and other miscellaneous whistles and clicks. I heard none of them with either a Soundblaster Audigy 2zs or a cheap and nasty Digital Expert 5.1 Optical.

If you browse the Abit fan forum you'll find several hundred angry or disappointed posts concerning Abit's poor implementation of the on board sound chipset. As I recall its the Realtek AC97.

If you want anthing resembling decent sound or a functioning microphone you'll need to invest in a soundcard. At present I use the Audigy 2zs, but were I in the market now I'd probably go for the Juli@ or something like it.

Good luck.