1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Abba - The Movie

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by LV426, Oct 2, 2005.

1. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,908
    Abba the Movie has, after just short of 30 years, found its way onto DVD and into the stores.

There are two versions - movie only, and movie + extras disc (primarily, an interview).

I watched the film. The transfer is pretty good, fairly sharp and with only a bit of the wretched edge enhancement. It's obviously been cleaned up. And it's
    - - - w i d e s c r e e n - - -
    in full original ratio - for the first time.

I listened to the DTS remix track. Good surround effects, but I'd say the music is just a tad harsh. Not bad, though, considering its age.

However there is one thing that is totally unforgivable.

The layer change is in the middle of a song. Not only that but, within the preceding two minutes or so, there are at least two places where the layer change would have been virtually undetectable. Frankly, shockingly poor mastering.

2. Lionheart

Lionheart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanx for that Nigel...if memory serves a reporter is trying to catch up with the band for an interview...cue lots of gr8 Abba music along the way (and 2 gorgeous women who didnt need thongs to look sexy ;) )