• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Abba - The Movie

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
Abba the Movie has, after just short of 30 years, found its way onto DVD and into the stores.

There are two versions - movie only, and movie + extras disc (primarily, an interview).

I watched the film. The transfer is pretty good, fairly sharp and with only a bit of the wretched edge enhancement. It's obviously been cleaned up. And it's
- - - w i d e s c r e e n - - -
in full original ratio - for the first time.

I listened to the DTS remix track. Good surround effects, but I'd say the music is just a tad harsh. Not bad, though, considering its age.

However there is one thing that is totally unforgivable.

The layer change is in the middle of a song. Not only that but, within the preceding two minutes or so, there are at least two places where the layer change would have been virtually undetectable. Frankly, shockingly poor mastering.

L

Lionheart

Thanx for that Nigel...if memory serves a reporter is trying to catch up with the band for an interview...cue lots of gr8 Abba music along the way (and 2 gorgeous women who didnt need thongs to look sexy ;) )

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom