1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AB sound

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Geezer, Nov 13, 2002.

1. Geezer

Geezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Hi just placed an order with AB Sound, after hearing that they are more reliable than DVD soon, just a couple of things, do they charge on order, and do they ship indivual items or wait for all items in your order to be released first?

Thanks

2. jmcr100

jmcr100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    They don't charge on order, only on dispatch and if you order two or three dvds then everything is shipped together.

They are very reliable and I've had no problems in over two years of ordering - also very quick delivery (around 5 days!!!)

3. Geezer

Geezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Thanks for the reply, i think you missunderstand my second question. What i mean is ive ordered reign of fire, and about a boy. Obviously reign of fire is out way before about a boy, will they ship reign of fire then about a boy later?

4. jmcr100

jmcr100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Sorry I read my answer again and it wasn't what I meant to say!!

If you order dvds with a release date that are months apart then they wait until all dvds in your order are released before shipping

I thought that they had an option in the ordering where you can chose to ship individually or all at once but maybe they've changed the system.

Never order more than 2 dvds to be delivered at the same time or you'll get collared by the customs - happened to me the first time I ordered 3.

5. Geezer

Geezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Thanks, so youve never been had by customs when ordering 2?

6. jmcr100

jmcr100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Touch wood but no, never with 2 dvds but I got cocky and ordered 3 in one shipment and got collared. I knew there was something wrong when, after 10 days, nothing had turned up!!!

I find Absound the cheapest and most reliable in Canada and certainly the quickest delivery (although I'm sure that someone will now prove me wrong!!!)

7. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use A&B Sound as well and will second what's been said so far. They are very reliable. I did have one package that took almost 12 weeks to arrive, but that was not their fault - was the fault of customs holding it for too long :mad:

It doesn't matter how many DVDs you stick in a single package as far as customs is concerned. What matters is how much the total comes to. A&B don't add on the P&P on the front sticker in my experience (which they should), so long as your DVDs come to £17.99 or less (using a 'liberal' rate of exchange), you will be okay customs-wise.

If you decide you can't wait for them to get the rest of your order together before they ship, you can either cancel the whole order of you can click an option on the orders page instructing them to despatch the items that are in stock and to cancel the remaining items.

As a rule, however, it's best not to group DVDs in the same parcel that have distant release dates (stick 'em in separate parcels) :)

8. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +235
    I got my Xfiles box sets from them before the latest one (season 6) and found them very good.

Didn't get season 6 box set from them becuase I found it much cheaper on another Canadian site - www.dvdmode.com
    Got the box set in on Monday and paid zero import duty as they had kindly marked the value on the box as $19.95CDN :D

Got hit with a £12 import duty with the last one from ABSound :(

Paid £55 for the boxset. I see that CD-Wow have it cheaper, but seeing as I've been hit with Import Duty using them before I've probably saved money (and time going by CD-Wow's poor delivery times of late) using DVDMode.

9. CaptainShadwell

CaptainShadwell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Think its a bit hit and miss with absound - -my mate has been stung a couple of times with 3 and 4 disc orders, but then I have had one 2kilo package of 8 disc/sets from them and another with about 7 discs and no trouble at all. Im bound to get stung some day but just luck really so far.

As long as discs are in stock they are quick - -but half the hassle is finding a couple of discs u want that are in stcok to make the shipping worth while.

CS

10. MrFurious

MrFurious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,546
    I used to use ab sound about 4 years ago but one day they had their site hacked and everybodys credit card details were displayed on the site,quite a scare there!!!:eek:
    hav;nt used them since i'm affraid.

11. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +916
    Their security's much tighter now (it wasn't quite 4 years ago, nearer 18 months to 2 years). They went offline for about 3 months and didn't return until everything was tight as a drum security-wise.
    I've never been hit with VAT on stuff from ABSound, it's entirely hit or miss.

12. Geezer

Geezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Thanks for all the replies, ive got two on order totalling £17.20 so that should be fine.

13. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    I've been hit once with duty & vat on a package from A&B. That's out of two packages ordered over the last couple of years that have exceded the £18 'cut-off'.

14. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's good to know Confucius. I might start upping how much I put in each parcel from now on :)