1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AARRGGGG!! HC setup advice wanted (+unhelpful wife)

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by netboy, Oct 21, 2004.

1. netboy

netboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, well I managed to bag on off the Sony HTLS40 all-in-one packages from argos and am now looking for the best way to set it up.

Now Ive had 'disscussions' with my wife about this, and her initial comments indicated she wouldnt mind if I 're-arranged' the furniture to accomodate the system.

now keeping in mind it has taken 3 years to convince her allow a HC system to be purchased, I knew it wasnt going to be that easy. :brickwall

If you could take the time to look at the rough layout of the room below, you can see the TV is at an angle in the top left corner, my wife would rather it stay there, and I dont even know if the system can be setup around such an angle.
    (again note that she just wanted me to plonk the speakers whereever, out of the way, and why did I need 5? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.......)

So mighty experts, can you suggest any configurations that would fit into our existing layout?

The other 2 layouts are my possible suggestions, which involves buying a low unit for the TV and all the bits, and the rear speakers to be 1. mounted in the top corners 2. placed on speaker stands behind the 2 seater.

any other ideas guys???????

[​IMG]

2. A.C.E

A.C.E

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    get rid of the wife!!

seriously tho', ive got mine set up like your 3rd pic, with the tv in the corner (32" pan) and the sofa on the left hand side hard against the wall.i'm using satelites(sp?) instead of the full speakers, with the sub beside the sofa opposite the fireplace. happy with the sound like this too.

the hi-fi set up is in a seperate listening room.

3. Jack the lad

Jack the lad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    Personally the picture with the satelites in the corner. But have a play and see (hear) whats best for you. :thumbsup:

Oh, bye the way the sub positioning isnt too important. Stick it anywhere :)