aaarggggh. player wont read discs

R

ragonian

waited ages for my hd dvd player to arrive and got it today. installed software and update, but all I get is a constant 'reading' flashing and the film never loads - tried lots of different discs too.

has anyone got any ideas or heard about it before?

many thanks

waited ages for my hd dvd player to arrive and got it today. installed software and update, but all I get is a constant 'reading' flashing and the film never loads - tried lots of different discs too.

has anyone got any ideas or heard about it before?

many thanks

yea sound like the diode is not working .... hope it was not a ebay job...

Mine is doing the same. It started king kong first time but froze on the studio logo. After a reboot I did manage to watch a few mins of action before switching off for the night. The next day it wont read the disc, I didnt even remove the disc. It just says reading disc and makes a clicking sound and after a few mins is just says open HD DVD tray on the dash.

Do I need to send this back or should I try another disc? I don't have any others at the moment.

It does work with my standard dvds so maybe the king kong hd dvd is damaged.

Mine is doing the same. It started king kong first time but froze on the studio logo. After a reboot I did manage to watch a few mins of action before switching off for the night. The next day it wont read the disc, I didnt even remove the disc. It just says reading disc and makes a clicking sound and after a few mins is just says open HD DVD tray on the dash.

Do I need to send this back or should I try another disc? I don't have any others at the moment.

It does work with my standard dvds so maybe the king kong hd dvd is damaged.

sd-dvd and hd-dvd work off two different lazers so one could work and the other mayh not.

Mine had exactly the same problem. Got it a couple of weeks from Movietyme, finally got a email off them yesterday saying a replacement would arrive today, here's hoping its ok!

Silly question bu have yoi installed the software that comes on the disc.

Hi my player couldnt read a disc, so i put in a lens cleaner disc in, let it spin a few times, and it worked first time.
Hope that helps.:thumbsup:

yeah did everything i was supposed to - gutted.

even worse, i paid 180quid on ebay 4 it because i was desperate - god knows if i will see that money again :(

you should still have the microsoft guarantee for you to fall back on if you get no joy from the ebay seller.

suspect usb connector at the back is really faulty

Try loading software disc again had to try mine three times before it would read any discs.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom