1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

aaaghhhh help!!!

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by gasman71, Apr 7, 2005.

1. gasman71

gasman71

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just installed ulead video studio 8 and done something incredibly stupid.
    I was importing some of my photo's from a memory stick. After loading them up I decided that I would like to edit the images first in adobe photodeluxen.

Before I edited the photos I thought I would remove them from ulead. In Ulead I selected the images to delete ( as i didn't want the unedited photos in the application) and pressed yes. yes at the notify boxes (without really paying much attention ) However I did not realise that the application actually deletes it from its original location on the memory stick or drive. As you can imagine I am feeling somewhat annoyed

Does anyone know any way of recovering the files ( I have already cheked in the recycle bin). OK i was a bit stupid but it does annoy me that the application can remove the files from your drive/memory stick. This is not the case on adobe photodeluxe editor

:oops: :oops:

2. klr10

klr10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Try this software -

http://diskinternals.com/

I think there are others too if you google for 'recover deleted files'

Hope this helps

PS Do not use the memory stick until you have recovered your files or they will be overwritten!!

3. gasman71

gasman71

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. klr10

klr10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    :thumbsup: nice one :D

5. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    But wont they be in the recycle bin?

6. duncanmcewan

duncanmcewan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Deleting items off a USB "pen" drive removes them ... there is no recycle bin.

Dunc.

7. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes - I suspect that although 'gasman' says he was importing his pictures into Ulead VideoStudio he was in fact only linking to his memory stick which only puts thumbnails into videostudio but leaves the pictures on the memory stick.

Two ways to avoid the problem in future,

!) - transfer the pictures to the hard drive first - then if you do inadvertantly delete them they will be in the recycle bin.

2) - Read the dialogue boxes very carefully when deleting in VideoStudio - the first prompt would ask you if you wanted to delete the thumbnail - the second would of asked if you wanted to delete the original file (quoting full path ) - next time say 'NO' to that second question.