1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aaaahhh Advice needed!!!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by welshpaul, Jan 18, 2004.

1. welshpaul

welshpaul
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Currently own a Gamecube which is fun to play HOWEVER really want a good footy game on it.
    I have bid and failed for winning eleven on e bay.

Therefore:

1. Is WE6 THAT much better than Fifa 2004?
    2. Do i trade in Cube for PS2?

Also tempted by X box due to live functions but alas no PES3 on that either!!!!

Help me.........

2. sjallen

sjallen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1. Yes, FIFA is horse****.
    2. Tricky. I really don't know. You appear to have a PC - you could buy PES3 for that (PES3 = WE7ish).

3. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,850
    Yep FIFA 2004 is rubbish. Pro Evo 3 (or WE7 in Japan) is an awesome game. It has some niggles but it's an absolute masterpiece! WE6 is basically PES2, which is good but not as good as PES3. Whether you trade in your cube for a ps2 depends on :-

Do you want to play PES3 sat in your living room with your mates and a few beers?

How much do you want to play PES3?

Are there other PS2 games you want?

How good is your PC?

If you want the living room option then (although possible with a TV Out graphics card) it's not very practical to use your PC.

If your PC is some old Pentium 2/3 thing that you use just for the internet then it's not good enough to play PES3.

4. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    I wouldn't say fifa 2004 is rubbish. Its an improvement on fifa 2003.

I like fifa for the official stadiums, fan chants, kits and better likenesses. It adds to the realism. Also for the commentary thats is actually good. Instead of that nob on pro evo with a lisp (nothing against people with lisps but why hire someone to do the commentary with one?) who pronounces Brazil "Braa-zil"

Although I do prefer pro evo as a multiplayer game (especially as my mate who swears by pro evo always gets a sound thrashing by me ;) )

5. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,850
    Perhaps rubish is a bit too harsh. If I were to give FIFA2004 a rating it would be around 70% where as PES3 would be around 93%. Once you have played them both you'll understand. Pro Evo is the only footie game i've played where each game seems different and it's not like you find one way of scoring and then you just keep repeating it. Although they have got better in terms of this I find that the FIFA games suffer from this and I get bored of them quickly. I guess FIFA's good if you have a load of mates who are into footie but aren't mad on computer games. The games are easier to pick up and play than the Pro Evo games which lends them more to this type of play.

6. sjallen

sjallen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's not too harsh, the developers should be burnt alive :D

7. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,850
    I personally dislike the FIFA games as great graphics and presentation can not hide a simple and poor AI system. Although they are good i guess for the casual gamer so I suppose they have their place. At least they are not as bad as the Virtua Striker games which I don't even class as footie games!

8. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    With you on that one :smashin: omg virtua striker i could not believe how bad that game was.