AAAAGH @%&#* Little Jacob jobs!

Marc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[rant]

i just had to turn my 360 off before i smashed my damn tv, trying to do these damn drug deal jobs for Little Jacob. :mad:

It took me several attempts on the first one before i even found where i was supposed to go such is the crapness of the GPS, then 10 + attempts before i managed to get there on time, finally realising that the GPS was taking me on a route that i couldn't possibly do in the time you get given :mad:

then i start number 2 and it's more of the bloody same except you have to go twice as far this time!! Then to top it off I got the the drop off point and there's no one bloody there!!:mad:

:suicide::suicide::suicide:
[/rant]

The 1st one was annoying as I didn't realise there was a foot tunnel under the road.
Managed it after a few attempts.

The rest I managed on the 1st attempt - I found them very boring and pointless.

Haters. :nono:

:D

The purpose of those jobs is to help you learn the map. You get them early in the game and they help you work out the best way around the map, which also teaches you that blindly following the GPS isn't always the way to go.

I find there's always the odd frustrating mission in GTA games that makes my blood boil.

I havent tried the ones you're stuck on yet as my GTA disk is scratched at the section where the LJ missions must be, as every time I try and do Concrete Jungle I get a Dirty Disk Error. I can play the game fine otherwise but I'm going to get the disk polished at Gamestation at the weekend and am fitting some rubber pads from Llamma.com to stop the disk wobbling on the spindle.

Good luck anyway ;)

I would recommend turning the GPS off, its very satisfying when after a while u learn your way around the city. I was lazy and left it on so missed out on the satisfaction of learning the city properly.

The GPS is great, much, much better than the one in Saints Row, but you can't just follow it blindly, you've got to use some sense while using it. Facing this way will take me a ridiculously long route but I can see if I just turn around and get on the other side of the road it'll get me there in no time, y'know simple things like that.

Highlight to read

- Just use a Taxi :D

Get a Taxi to take you to Jacob, then quickly hail the Taxi again so its stop.. hop in Jacobs car to get the package then hop straight out and get back into the taxi :thumbsup:

Gets you there with lots of time left.
-

how many jobs are there to do? I've heard ***
he supplies guns from the boot of his car!!
*** I hang out with him so much because i think he's cool, and I like the way he hotboxes your car!

I remember the last GTA game where you had to do that dancing on the beach mission. You had to press the different buttons in time with what was scrolling along the screen. I must have tried that maybe 50 times before I passed it. Such a pointless and completely infuriating mission that was. I'm hoping there aren't too many of those in this GTA.

There are 10 missions. And the missions occur randomly, so some bodies first job may well be another's final job. And yes, you're spolier is correct

There are 10 missions. And the missions occur randomly, so some bodies first job may well be another's final job. And yes, you're spolier is correct

I seem to have done a hell of a lot more than 20 drugdeals for him! All he keeps saying is "Ya did a wicked job wi da las package man, respect from I and I, They'll be package waiting outside cafe, so call I, if you wanna another job. Later Bredren" :rolleyes:

Oh, and as for your spolier, you have to get his 'likeness' towards you above 75%, usually 3/4 'dates' is enough :rotfl:. Whether or not you have to complete all the jobs first, I don't know.

You don't have to drive in the beat up cars. Just hop in, get the package, hop out again.

You don't have to drive in the beat up cars. Just hop in, get the package, hop out again.

i don't know if that makes me feel better or worse!!! If i'd had a bike i would have done them all first time, i rock on a motorbike!

The timed ones are the hardest - think there's 4 altogether.

as soon as I saw it was timed I pressed pause and looked at the map - you can normally find a route yourself where you'll only need to go around a corner twice - ignore the gps.

I rememebr at the start of the game its explaining the GPS and says it will tell you the way but only the legal way which isnt always the quickest!!!

I rememebr at the start of the game its explaining the GPS and says it will tell you the way but only the legal way which isnt always the quickest!!!

Of course, you've got to cut corners and stuff here and there, I really can't complain about the GPS, I think it's very useful and extremely useful when used in conjunction with common sense.

I found the problem wasnt getting to the point in the car in time it was once i reached the general area you had to find the soddin marker,
the worst 2 for me i did the other day theres one under the highway where you have to squeeze through a little gap and round the back under the highway and the one thats in quite a long underground tunnel it tells you your there but you have to actually drive down the road a little bit more turn right up some stairs and come back on yourself to access the tunnel!

how many jobs are there to do? I've heard ***
he supplies guns from the boot of his car!!
*** I hang out with him so much because i think he's cool, and I like the way he hotboxes your car!

Yep he supply's you with some guns at low prices.

I only did one job for Jacob (delivery under a bridge) but I think it's linked to how much he likes you.

I took him to get some food and after the mission I got a call/text from him unlocking that ability.

I think you need to get his likeness above 75%.

I finally finished all these missions but the last one was a nightmare for me, I wish I'd know about the taxi trick.
There does seem to another little trick, on the timed missions you are given a set time, but the end time depends on when you start the mission, so in the shortest one you have 30 in game minutes, but if you get in the car at 12.10 you lose 10 minutes as delivery has to be done by 12:30. The game seems to work on 15 minute ingame time sections, so make sure you get in the car bang on the hour, quarter past, half past or quarter to.
With the 30 minute ingame time limit, the destination is 28 minutes away on a near perfect run, so getting in the car at the right time is vital.

Can't see really what the problem is here I've done all of LJ's jobs no problem.

Here's a tip for people who haven't done it yet or to those who simply want to finish it off or something.

Grab a fast car, Turismo, Comet whatever will do. And each time you go to the package location after phoning LJ get striaght into the rusty old car and then straight out again back into your fast car, then you can drive to the location and complete the objective. Easy, I had to redo a couple because I didn't realise that the drop off point was in a tunnel under the road I was on, but other than that this method works fine, I did about 5 or 6 LJ missions one after another this way.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom