AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH! Cracked DSLR LCD

No its not cracked!........... NOT YET!! Anyhow...

You could theoretically get accidental insurance in the next day or 2:rolleyes:............Then because they rip us of anyway for insurance, you make a claim in say...... a month or 2 ! You know what they say? s8*T happens, and on this occasion, it has not yet happened,theoretically of course.......:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wait, get insurance, 6 weeks go by and Oops bloody camera dropped! Cracked screen!!:devil::mad: Well I'm glad I got that accidental cover! Whew! Nearly!!:eek:

icemanonline

Dont worry

If the screen still works OK then its not cracked.

I would guess just the clear plastic screen cover is cracked.
As far as I know these are a few £ from canon.

New one just sticks in place after the broken one is pulled out with a sucker (or self adhesive coat hook etc if sucker is not strong enough.)

No need for insurance claim fraud for this :D:eek:

here is a link how to do it : ( for 20D but is same principle for 40D)

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1019&message=10852446

link to spares supplier that might have parts for 40D
http://www.lehmannsdirect.co.uk/

hope that helps,

Mark.

No its not cracked!........... NOT YET!! Anyhow...

You could theoretically get accidental insurance in the next day or 2:rolleyes:............Then because they rip us of anyway for insurance, you make a claim in say...... a month or 2 ! You know what they say? s8*T happens, and on this occasion, it has not yet happened,theoretically of course.......:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wait, get insurance, 6 weeks go by and Oops bloody camera dropped! Cracked screen!!:devil::mad: Well I'm glad I got that accidental cover! Whew! Nearly!!:eek:

icemanonline

You read my mind ! :smashin: :devil: :clap:

However, Mark Grant... I am indebted to you for the link!!! Thanks to you I can dry my tears!

I think i will get the accidental damage cover anyway, then use the links you gave me to try and repair it.

If i mess it up, I am covered!
The main thing I was worried about was that I am off the ot National Motorcycle show on Friday In Manchester and really wanted to take it with me! I feel confident to do it no I am assured it doesnt appear to be cracked!

If anyone has done this repair, i would love to know how it went!:smashin::smashin:

You read my mind ! :smashin: :devil: :clap:

However, Mark Grant... I am indebted to you for the link!!! Thanks to you I can dry my tears!

I think i will get the accidental damage cover anyway, then use the links you gave me to try and repair it.

If i mess it up, I am covered!
The main thing I was worried about was that I am off the ot National Motorcycle show on Friday In Manchester and really wanted to take it with me! I feel confident to do it no I am assured it doesnt appear to be cracked!

If anyone has done this repair, i would love to know how it went!:smashin::smashin:

Good.............I'm glad we agree ......and the other comment about fraud! I think the amount these companies charge for anything is FRAUD!!! then sometimes they refuse to pay out!!!:mad:

Na! you get insured bud and if the camera drops your covered!! :D

icemanonline

Have you ever had a legitimate insurance claim denied?
I ask because obviously you advocate fraud - there is no point trying to paint a different picture, you have suggested that the OP comit fraud.

I only ask because over the years I've never had a single hassle from an insurance company.
Be it car or home (I've unfortunately had the need to envoke both) and on each occasion I've received the money to cover my losses.
Early last year my mum was broken into while she was at work and she lost a few things.
Unfortunately she also lost £500 in cash.
The policy clearly stated that only £200 of cash was covered so she lost out.
It was entirely her fault so she ends up out of pocket.
Are you saying that what she really should have done was add £300 on to her claim - make a fraud claim?

I don't know why you feel insurance companies rip us off.
We pay a premium, it's like a gamble.
You might need to claim, you might not but really when you look at the price of insurance it really isn't that high and I personally have never known anyone (myself, friend or family) to not receive a fair payout when they have had the need to invoke an insurance claim.

I was just wondering what your experienece was to make you advocate the fraud thing?

Do they allow cameras at the GMEX/Manchester Central ?

I have, a couple of times. Also I was well ripped off when we had a bag stolen on holiday with passports, money, car keys etc etc etc. Altogether we should have had back at least £2000-00, but with there clever little excesses on everything we only got back £80-00. The passports alone we only got a 'Fiver' each on, we all know how much a passport is. This was about 4 years ago & I notice an MP or someone is trying to tackle the problem.

To balance things out a little, I had excellent cover when a MD player went missing out of my baggage at Alicante airport. As per usual the holiday insurance refused to pay out, but my home insurance were most helpful & I was able to buy a better new player.

Do they allow cameras at the GMEX/Manchester Central ?

I am not entirely sure as I have never been before but I am going on a press pass. Its just a bike show, not like a concert or anything so I cant see why they wouldnt allow it to be photographed.

I ask because obviously you advocate fraud - there is no point trying to paint a different picture, you have suggested that the OP comit fraud.

I only ask because over the years I've never had a single hassle from an insurance company.
Be it car or home (I've unfortunately had the need to envoke both) and on each occasion I've received the money to cover my losses.
Early last year my mum was broken into while she was at work and she lost a few things.
Unfortunately she also lost £500 in cash.
The policy clearly stated that only £200 of cash was covered so she lost out.
It was entirely her fault so she ends up out of pocket.
Are you saying that what she really should have done was add £300 on to her claim - make a fraud claim?

I don't know why you feel insurance companies rip us off.
We pay a premium, it's like a gamble.
You might need to claim, you might not but really when you look at the price of insurance it really isn't that high and I personally have never known anyone (myself, friend or family) to not receive a fair payout when they have had the need to invoke an insurance claim.

I was just wondering what your experienece was to make you advocate the fraud thing?

Insurance companies do rip us of then refuse genuine claims............They also put on stupid adverts on TV wi the biggest MUPPETS in them rolling about on the floor or chocking on a telephone cord!! (I WISH!!) .........then shaft you with stupidly high quotes ......I mean ! Quote me Happy!!:suicide: get a life.:boring:...........Those prats would quote ya what you want to hear as long as they get the money HONEY............then they are no interested when you call them...........:devil: That's if they are in the UK!!

Na!! INSURANCE companies are the biggest FRAUDSTERS going. And if you are that bothered abooooot it why no look up the history of INSURANCE FRAUD (Google it!) mate..................then see if you still think the same!! YOU WONT!! THEY RIP YOU OF!!!:thumbsdow

icemanonline

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom