1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aaaaaagh! Help!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by mr_wriggly, Aug 27, 2001.

1. mr_wriggly

mr_wriggly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've beeen looking for a 28 inch widescreen pro-logic television (for £600-£700) for a few weeks now and have narrowed the field down to two.

Panasonic TX28-PK3<br />Toshiba 28Z07B

Trouble is, now I can't make up my mind which one to buy. I've poked them both, they seem ok and they both got a good review in HE magazine. Opinion seems divided on this forum and I just need a gentle nudge in either direction and I'll be off down the shops like a shot.

I thought about tossing a coin, but I don't have the balls; so what I'm trying to say is won't someone PLEASE make the decision for me. It's just too hard and I don't think my ticker can take the stress!

Thanks

By the way, the Toshiba has a component video input. Is this a major plus point, or a silly gimmick?

2. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Toshiba can take audio from other sources and pass them to an amp/reciever without loss of quality. It also has fixed level audio output so you can turn the tv volume down and it does not impact on the output (unlike some other brands)

If you have an amp or intend to get one, the Tosh is one of the best for this. It will save you the need to switch audio sources on the amp when you go between DSAT, Video, TV etc.

[ 27-08-2001: Message edited by: Doubledoom ]</p>