1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AAAAAAAArrrrrghhhhhh!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Dirk_Diggler, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Dirk_Diggler

Dirk_Diggler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the Themescene H30A and i recieved my SVGA cable for it yesterday. I ran the cable from my Sky box (using the scart to VGA adaptor supplied with projector) to the projector and selected the Scart RGB input on the projector. I changed the output on the Sky box to RGB but the picture comes throught the projector all over the place, flickering and then cuts off with no signal coming up?????????????????. The picture would flash on again all over the place and again cut off with "No Signal" showing again. :eek: I then unplugged from the sky box and connected the cable to a DVD player to see if the cable was ok and the picture was spot on. I have a sky dish and not cable. What is the problem. I really can't figure it out?

2. Siamese Cat

Siamese Cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +127
    How is the scart to vga adaptor wired up? You say it was supplied with the projector, it's possible that it's only wired up for input and you're using it for output from your Sky box.

3. Dirk_Diggler

Dirk_Diggler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's defo for output from the sky box. It says so in the booklet supplied with the projector.

4. Dirk_Diggler

Dirk_Diggler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also used the same adaptor to output from the dvd player. :confused:

5. turk182

turk182
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I had the same problem with my H30a throught my sky box using the same leads,
    What i did was tried my dads 5yr old pace box, now works like a charm,so if you have a Amstrad skybox, bin it and get new(old) pace one :)

6. Dirk_Diggler

Dirk_Diggler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Thomson Skybox. Surely i now don't have to invest in a new sky box. I'm getting fed-up spending money on it. :mad:

7. sgruniss

sgruniss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Make sure that you are using the tv out on sky box as this gives an rgb signal the video out does not.All the best.

8. Dirk_Diggler

Dirk_Diggler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am using the tv out on the sky box. Such a let down. I think it must be the sky box.

9. binbag

binbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    Sounds like poor sync. With my CRT PJ I used a Keene 'Syncblaster' Scart lead to nail down a picture that sounds pretty similar to yours. All Sky boxes are not equal...

I got RGBHV from my Sky scart and it looked great. I now use an I-scan HD and it looks fantastic (depending on the signal of course).