Aaaaaaaaarghh!!!!

Jim_Fear

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I hate panasonic, I'm going to mail them some live snakes! The :censored: have now pushed the delivery date for my PV500 back from today to sometime in october, they've done another last minute cancellation with the retailer and now i'm going to be plasma-less for another few weeks and i'm far too impatient for that!! :thumbsdow :mad: :suicide:

I am strongly considering an alternative now :rolleyes:

This is gettign really annoying, I would like to find somewhere that sells the PHD8 at a reasonable price with finance, preferably somewhere that has it in stock :rolleyes:

I hear about people getting theirs uber cheap from germany and such and i'm considering following the same path. I now know a bit more about plasma'a after lurking these forums and ecause i'm being messed about so much with this I think i'd rather switch and get a nicer super duper panel

Sorry to say but I knew they would do that......I too am considering my options as i'm fed up of a) waiting and b) not having a decent tv!
Jim_Fear.....you got any ideas? the JVC Plasma looks ok.....have even looked at the 40" Sony V series LCD.....so things are getting pretty desperado :rolleyes:

Its hard really because I want a High Def ready panel for the XBox 360 and PS3 but I cant seem to find a decent plasma for about £1900 on finance. I was thinking 42-PHD8 but then I considered a 42-PWD8 with the various boards and a nice AV receiver plus speakers for the same price... :suicide:

I think the best advice is to just wait for what you really want. Even though its very annoying to have to keep waiting, I think you would regret it if you went for something else, you would always wonder when the TV comes into stock EVENTUALLY, have you made the right choice.

I have been sorely tempted to go for either the Pioneer 436XDE or even the Hitachi but the one I really want is the Pv500 and Ill wait for it, now dont get me wrong, JL are supposed to have my TV by the end of the weeks, but if they cancel then Ill be well upset, but I will live with it.

Heres hoping that everyone gets their PV500 or PHD8 sooner rather than later, cause theres no doubting they are seriously good TV's.

Jim_Fear said:
Its hard really because I want a High Def ready panel for the XBox 360 and PS3 but I cant seem to find a decent plasma for about £1900 on finance. I was thinking 42-PHD8 but then I considered a 42-PWD8 with the various boards and a nice AV receiver plus speakers for the same price... :suicide:

You may be better off getting your finance separately, I looked at he in-store finance deals and they had APR of 19.9%, I had a look online and have one for 5.6% APR from Northern Rock. Which meant I could get a better plasma.

Well I havent got one yet, but I can afford up to 3,800 for 2 plasmas, instead of 3,200.

I'm waiting for the 37 and 42 pannys to come in stock and get a good deal from JL, hopefully before xmas.

My current dilemma is "Stick with the TH37PV500PED from buyyourav.com with the DVD recorder thingy for £1950 buy now pay in 12 months time finance" OR "cancel the order and go with a 42" PHD8 with a free stand for an extra £200 with pay in 9 months time finance from AVSales.co.uk"

I'd get better picture quality and a larger panel from the PHD88 but for more £ but less time to pay it back.

Jim_Fear said:
My current dilemma is "Stick with the TH37PV500PED from buyyourav.com with the DVD recorder thingy for £1950 buy now pay in 12 months time finance" OR "cancel the order and go with a 42" PHD8 with a free stand for an extra £200 with pay in 9 months time finance from AVSales.co.uk"

I'd get better picture quality and a larger panel from the PHD88 but for more £ but less time to pay it back.

You need to be careful with the int free stuff, if you dont pay in the set period you get a wopping great charge.

I know, like 28.9%APR or something stupid like that, the good thing is that I dont have anything else to spend any money on, I already own all the gadgets I need and I dont have a car to pay for at the moment, so I can easily get the rest of the money, I already have £700 of the £1950 a month and a half into the contract with another £200 on its way from sales and add another £250 from my next paycheque so I should be ready to get it all signed off by march time. I have thought about this and i'd rather put alot of time into getting the money ready and be a bit skint for a while rather than paying an extra £1500 on top of what i'd have to pay

Jim_Fear said:

Jim,

av-sales are excellent on the pre & post sales service. I've bought projector, screen, iscan, Arca cabinet, Velo SPL1000 sub, speaker stands and a bag full of cables from them. They've bent over backwards to help when I've had problems so I'd strongly recommend them. I'll definitely check them out when I decide what I want to buy.

They're within driving distance of you as well...drive round the M25 & down the scenic A21. Couple of relaxing demo rooms...well worth having an afternoon off work and going for a demo :smashin:

Regards,

Justin

Sounds like a plan, i'm considering grabbing a PHD8 and just being skint for a while :)

That would be the best move you you could make, stunning screen and definitely better than the PV500.

Problem is i'd be waiting a while for that too :)

And it would come to a bit more than that as i'd need to buy a component board for it

the other thing to consider is that the Pv500's are supposedly coming very soon, i.e. within the next week, but of course we cant no for sure. I hope to have mine by the end of the week or through next week.

Jim_Fear said:

And it would come to a bit more than that as i'd need to buy a component board for it

Did Alastair not update the forum offer yesterday to say stock was available? Charcoal in now, silver in today (possibly)?

Its very tempting to wait it out too, as much as i'd like a 42" display I think its a bit overkill for my bedroom so I could just stick with the PV500 till I get my own pad :)

All I was told by the retailer I bought it from was "Its been pushed back to some time in october", and seeing as october pretty much starts next week i'm hoping that it'll be within the first week. I'm the sort of person who buys something and wants it next day so i'm in agony over this!

andye2004 said:
Did Alastair not update the forum offer yesterday to say stock was available? Charcoal in now, silver in today (possibly)?

Chris did (i think it was chris), he also said that the stock coming in already had peoples names on it and i'd have to order now to get my name on the next bacth coming in a week or so

Jim_Fear said:

You can input component on the vga socket, just get a 3rca to vga cable for £20.

Well I never...:)

Problem is i'd like to hook my PS2 up to the panel and my PC which would make things a tad awkward

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom