1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AAAAAAAAArgh!!!

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Dirk_Diggler, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Dirk_Diggler

Dirk_Diggler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :confused: :confused: :confused: Please someone tell me what kind of Ethernet Router or whatever i need for my PSTwo to get on line. I have a PSTwo, broadband, my internet gaming access disk from Sony and Straight Through Ethernet Cable. I'm looking at loads on the net and don't know which one to get. Are there any out there that are cheap and effective. Should i be looking at 22Mb or 54Mb??? It's driving me nuts!!!!!!!!!!

2. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,266
    I use the Linksys WAG54G wireless modem/router. Plug my PS2 & Xbox directly into the ethernet sockets in the back. My PC is conected via a PC wireless card, also from Linksys. Works well for me and cheaper way around than using the modem direct with the PC and buying gaming adaptors, if you see what I mean.
    Hope that helps :thumbsup:
    BTW, what PS2 games are you planning on playing online?

Cheers,
    Lee.

3. Dirk_Diggler

Dirk_Diggler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good one. Does that mean i don't have to use a PC with it cause that's up in my loft and i want to play the PSTwo in my living room. How much was it and where'd you get it? :confused:

4. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,266
    No need to use a pc with it with this set-up, my PC's in another room & only gets switched on for web browsing really. Think I bought mine from Ebuyer but I can't remember. I'm putting a couple of links of the Modem/Router and Wireless PC card I have below, might be worth doing a search to see if you can find better prices though.

Wireless Modem/Router:

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=113342

Wireless PC card:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00008DOYL/202-5350658-1493421

At least it'll give you an idea of one of your options. I think loads of people here have different set-ups so I'm not going to say mine's the best. Like I said though, works for me :thumbsup:

Lee.