1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A90 on top of P90/3

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by dm57, Mar 7, 2005.

1. dm57

dm57

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the combination of the A90 7.1 and P90/3 used for both stereo and multichannel. The source for DVD-Audio as well as CD is DV89. All units are placed below the TV on the same (professional) rack and at the moment A90 is on top of P90 and DV89 alone. I wonder if that is the proper placement since both A90 and P90 are consuming more power and therefore more heating then DV89. Should I put DV89 on top of P90 and leave A90 alone, or this placement is OK?

The rack itself is open from all sides and the space between the shelves is about 30cm so air circulation is not the problem even for the paired components.

2. steeled

steeled

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    I have a similar setup except I put each component on a shelf of a rack.

I have found that the A90 and the P90 do not generate that much heat and so I do not think it will cause too much of a problem.

I noticed that if you look down through the vents on the P90 there is nothing in the way so that should help.

My only advise would be to switch the P90 on only when you are using surround.

HTH