A8ch's AV Suite

a8ch

My 98% finished man cave :). A couple of things didnt quite go to plan, but have to say very pleased on the whole. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• AV Room NW.jpg
    AV Room NW.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 2,210
  • AV Room SE.jpg
    AV Room SE.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 1,773
  • AV Room South.jpg
    AV Room South.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 1,686
  • AV Room SW.jpg
    AV Room SW.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,542
  • AV Room West.jpg
    AV Room West.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,487

ChristovJN

Very nice, love the musical theme going on :)

Darrenraymond

very nice.

are those martin logan speakers?

Looks like PMC's below what with the port at the bottom and some other speaker on top. Does look very much like ML large grill concept though:D

a8ch

Thanks for the nice comments everyone. ChristovTN yes, as an accomplished Drummer & Bassist and avid music listener it is a massive part of my life :)

dean999 & Darrenraymond, They are Kingsound Queen I's from Kings Audio, the crossover point is listed wrong on the WS it is actually 600Hz fwiw:-

http://www.kingsaudio.com.hk/queen.html

This version has been superceded by the Queen II, they retailed at a tad under £2K.... and worth every penny from the enjoyment I get from them. Despite being a big speaker they have not been at all fussy with room placement, which is a bonus. If you are serious about your music you need to have a listen!

Last edited:

ChristovJN

Thanks for the nice comments everyone. ChristovTN yes, as an accomplished Drummer & Bassist and avid music listener it is a massive part of my life :)

Excellent, I'm of the same musical persuasion (however, just without my beloved drum kit :() - again, great setup.

a8ch

i love the presence of a linux computer :D

It forms the heart and soul of my stereo replay. I use Rhythmbox via ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick Meerkat) on an old but good laptop as a dedicated music server. The audio codecs just seem so much better than windoze. This streams my music to a Marantz SR6004 via A2DP Bluetooth. The quality is exceptional tbh, bettering a Behringer UCA222 24/48 dac I have at my disposal with either analogue or optical inputs.

The monitor you see in the picture is a 22" touch screen that works really well, and gives a modern `Jukebox' feel, being able to select music at your fingertips.

ChristovTN: Get yourself a decent electronic kit mate, hardly takes up any space. I use an alesis DM5 Pro kit and find it an excellent alternative to a real kit tbh. :smashin:

Last edited:

lenswipe

Standard Member
It forms the heart and soul of my stereo replay. I use Rhythmbox via ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick Meerkat) on an old but good laptop as a dedicated music server. The audio codecs just seem so much better than windoze. This streams my music to a Marantz SR6004 via A2DP Bluetooth. The quality is exceptional tbh, bettering a Behringer UCA222 24/48 dac I have at my disposal with either analogue or optical inputs.

The monitor you see in the picture is a 22" touch screen that works really well, and gives a modern `Jukebox' feel, being able to select music at your fingertips.

ChristovTN: Get yourself a decent electronic kit mate, hardly takes up any space. I use an alesis DM5 Pro kit and find it an excellent alternative to a real kit tbh. :smashin:

All the computers i own run linux, my servers, my laptop and my desktop.

Laptop and desktop run Debian, same for my fileserver.

My Linux gateway runs a hardened linux distro called smoothwall.

sergiup

Distinguished Member
Nice and (more importantly) isolated from the world :D

Where are you hiding your centre & sub by the way?

a8ch

Nice and (more importantly) isolated from the world :D

Where are you hiding your centre & sub by the way?

:D Cant win? OH suggested garage conversion, to give her the living room back,now moans cause she never
sees me :eek:

Im using a pair of C1's as centre (each side of tv in original pic above), sub is outta shot on rhs. Need to update pics to reflect equipment changes.

Last edited:

Harkon321

Old thread I know, but would like to know if you kept with this setup. Seems very different to advice on here - running a pair of centres and rear surrounds above and quite close.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom