1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A85 + P85/3 + Yamaha Processor = Av + Music Heaven??

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by Matt Horne, Feb 28, 2002.

1. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
    Hi...

I have been considering my next upgrade and I have been looking at a variety of solutions. Below is my current system :

Arcam DV88 DVD Player
    Yamaha RXV795 DD/DTS Amp
    Mission M74/M73 Fronts and surrounds + Mission Centre (cant remeber the model)
    Small Yamaha Sub...

I want to utlilize the DVD player more for music by getting a amp/solution which will do both Movies/Music (The usual holy grail).

So I have considered :

1. AVR200 Av Amp
    2. 5 Channel Power Amp, use the 795 as a processor until I can afford a Tag/Arcam - other top quality processor.

One other solution was the following which I would like someone here to verify as to whether it would work :

Buy a A85 + P85/3 and then use the Yamaha as the processor to feed the five available channels, and then use the A85 for the music directly. Can this be done?? Could the front pair of speakers be wired into the power amp to get that benefit when playing music and use the A85 for the surrounds when using movies?

And would I have to worry about the volume issues, or can I fix these on the arcams and let the Yamaha act as the master volume. This solution (if it works should give good stereo/surround and leave open the path for a future processor only upgrade).

What are your thought ppl ??

Cheers

Matt

2. lmccauley

lmccauley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +212