• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

A85 BFA connector queries...

Graham27

Distinguished Member
Hi folks,

I've had a good search but unfortunately most of the comments related to BFA plugs are from a while back, so I was wondering if anyone could advise me.

I have an A85 with the BFA terminals. I was looking to buy some Airloc terminated QED speaker cables and was wondering if anyone could recommend somewhere where I could buy these, ideally with BFA terminations at one end and banana/spades at the other. None of the places I've tried have any BFA plugs at all, Airloc or otherwise :(

From reading old threads, it seems QED seemingly did offer Airloc BFA's, but there doesn't seem to be much info about them lately, either on QED's site, or anywhere else.

Or, alternatively, if anyone else has experience with this, and it's not worth the effort, could they inform me what's the best alternative ? I'm just utterly fed up fiddling with bare wires. Are spades a better option for the amp end ?

Or is there any simple solution that's staring me in the face... (probably :rolleyes:)

Thanks in advance for any advice offered :thumbsup:

Crustyloafer

Distinguished Member
QED do not make BFA Airloc plugs any more. I would recommned getting some of the Milty CC124 plugs which can be used as BFAs or standard 4mm banana plugs. We use these all the time in my store.

Graham27

Distinguished Member
QED do not make BFA Airloc plugs any more.

Ah, thanks for that. Thought that might be the case :( Didn't see any references to them lately. Bit of a pain though as I'd convinced myself Airloc was the way to go.

Is there any advantage to the BFA connectors other than meeting Euro regulations ? Or am I simply better ordering spades ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom