A84J no picture

gforrow

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, I’m abroad currently, but family have reported that our A84J is not displaying anything, other than a diamond pattern on the screen, and no signal message. Clearly they haven’t changed the cabling.

Sky Q through Sony amp to the tv, through hdmi3. Blu-ray, Apple TV thru amp, all the same. Amp plays sound.

everything has been reset. Any suggestions?

Home button displays everything as you’d expect.

I’m at a loss, and can only assist via FaceTime.
Help

391660E5-77E7-4351-9E37-0F6FD45A3E23.jpeg

This is all that is on the screen! Doesn’t matter if Sky is selected, Apple TV or Blu-ray.

View attachment 1570748
This is all that is on the screen! Doesn’t matter if Sky is selected, Apple TV or Blu-ray.

Looks as though the television is working and it's an input issue. That said have they performed a reboot (press and hold the remote on/off button until the tv turns off and reboots)?

Looks as though the television is working and it's an input issue. That said have they performed a reboot (press and hold the remote on/off button until the tv turns off and reboots)?
Hi, yes a full reboot of the tv. Then also a power off of everything. I may see if they can change the hdmi from the amp to the tv and plug it into the back of the Sky box. If that resolves then it’s the amp. As I can’t seem to manage to get the amp setup on the screen either, it’s all a bit tricky.

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom