A7V8X optical out....

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by MikeKay1976, Apr 3, 2005.

1. MikeKay1976

MikeKay1976

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,679
    Hi

i am looking at possibly getting an Asus A7V8X FSB333 motherboard.

optical out (spdif) i believe is an option o nthis board, but isnt with the one which is forsale, however i have an optical backplate with my nforce2 board, which i dont use.

would i be able to use my optical out backplate with the A7V8X , or will it be a different interface with the motherboard?

i cant use my nforce2 board in the home entertainment PC, as it is imo the superior motherboard which i want to use in my gaming rig (but i dont bother with suuround sound for gaming)

many thanks for your thoughts

Mike.

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Extremely unlikely I'd say, not least because you're looking at two entirely different chipsets and the are no standards for on-board I/O connectors (except perhaps USB), and that's assuming the ASUS has such a connector for a backplate-mounted connector.

3. MikeKay1976

MikeKay1976

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,679

ok thanks........ i wasnt sure if there was an agreed standard for such periferals.

cheers

m.