1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A7N8X Deluxe help.

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Loafer316, May 28, 2003.

1. Loafer316

Loafer316
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I ordered the above board from ebuyer...they state that the board is the new ver 2.0.

Am i correct in stating they mean the new PCB version 2...as they have sent me a revision 1.06 board!:mad:

Plus can someone confrim what ports/adaptors you get with it? i didn't see any firewire or Audio out pci plates/adaptors....first time i had a prob with these lot...i'm gonna RMA back

thxs for your help ppl!:hiya:

2. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not confusing with USB 2?

Where did it say version 2 of the mainboard?

Ah found it, comments..

Not sure what your rights are.. As long as it powers up then & stable then there's nothing wrong with the board. Could get farty with you.

3. Loafer316

Loafer316
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    It says it right on the main description "A7N8X Deluxe SKT A NForce2 Chipset VER 2.0 Motherboard"......I havn't touched the board!! mailed them and awaiting a reply...hope they cause no fuss...either way lucky i'm a lawyer hey!!:laugh: :suicide:

4. nutcase_1uk

nutcase_1uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Where does it say 1.06? Is it in the silk-screened text on the PCB, or on a label stuck to it? The PCB may be revision 1.06, but with altered components etc. making the end assembly revision 2.

I don't know anything about this particuar board, so won't know if it is relevent in this case. I just have more of an insight into PCB revisoins vs. end product revisions :)

5. Loafer316

Loafer316
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thxs.....on the board it had a little white sticker between the 3rd and 4th PCI slots which had revision 1.06 perhaps over and existing 1.04 pcb. Anyway i mailed the thing back today after getting an RMA from Ebuyer, they will reimburse me with the cost of P+P... From what i gather the PCB v 2.0 should officially be able to take the new 400FSB AMD's (although i expect performance should be identical)

Also can someone confirm what connector plates you recieve with this board? Do you get a firewire adaptor so i can plug my camera in? i didn't see it with one...i thought it was missing.

thxs
    :hiya:

6. RobsterD

RobsterD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Just ordered this board with an XP2600 333fsb from e-buyer with delivery hopefully this week,will let you know what I get !
    Rob

7. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    If you check out asus site (I was on there at weekend mb hunting, but new asus out) http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/socketa/a7n8x-d/overview.htm

it sais

Starting from PCB version 2.0, The A7N8X motherboard supports Front Side Bus
    (FSB) 400. The PCB (Printed Circuit Board) version is located beside the
    motherboard name printed on the motherboard. PCB 2.0 BIOS version or later are not compatible with PCB 1.06 or earlier BIOS versions

8. Spacecat

Spacecat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +528
    The older version of the Deluxe which I have also supports 400 FSBs AMDs now thanks to a bios revision.
    I have found it to be a very stable and fast board

9. Evil Ally

Evil Ally
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm ebuyer, I generally try and stay away from them these days. I bought mine at Komplett, who have them for £95. Got some Twinmos PC3700, a Tbred B 1700 and I'm jamin at 2.3Ghz/220FSB :D

Only problem I'm having is the onboard sound. EAX doesn't work right, far too much reverb and other bugs. I'm having to use normal stereo, even although I bought it specifically to hook up to my home cinema amp :(

10. RobsterD

RobsterD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    VER 1.06 sent :mad: RMA on its way !!

11. Loafer316

Loafer316
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I know the 1.06's are bios upgradbale to 400fsb CPU's now...but still!!! the site says ver.2!! anyway they accepted my RMA and you can choose to either to refund or get a replacement....i asked for a replacement. My xp2600+ also arrived today...just blooming need a board to plug it in!!!:rolleyes:

just wanna ask u when u got the board did you have a firewire socket in card for the back...my one didn't come with that!!:eek:

12. RobsterD

RobsterD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Yep came with all the bits,box was sealed with a Wincinema CDROM on the front,pity it's the wrong board !
    Cant really play with the 9500 pro and the CPU that arrived at the same time,typical nothing is ever straight forward.
    Let us know how u get on with delivery times etc
    Cheers
    Rob
    INTERESTING SITE !http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/

13. RobsterD

RobsterD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Surprise Surprise having trouble with E-Buyer
    Quote:
    Dear Rob

As of the 23rd of May these boards were not sold as the version2 board ,you may send your board back for a potential exchange for a v2 but we cannot guarantee what revision you would recieve.
    Also you would have to send it back at your own cost.

Regards

Ebuyer.Technical

The website has now deleted 'VER 2.0 motherboard'
    How are you gettin on Loafer with your exchange !
    Rob

14. Loafer316

Loafer316
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hmm they accepted my RMA and also refunded my postage. They didn't state anything in line to what they said to you...i ordered mine on the 26th May?. Either way my exchange is still awaiting processing...and i could cancel if need be. Eitherway the fact that they stated on there website at the time of purchase that it would be a ver2 board...does kind of honour them to give you that version....trade descriptions springs to mind (i.e you bought it off them only because you thought it was version2)

I know they have taken it off there web site...but i was cautious enough to do some screen captures of the site when i recieved the wrong board...as i thought i might have a problem...mail me if you need them or if they cause more hassle.

On the site the boards are ordered on request (5 days) i'm hoping they get stock of the new boards.

15. RobsterD

RobsterD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    E-Buyer have now aknowledged the RMA and will be refunding the postage etc,what a lot of hassle I only wanted to buy a motherboard !
    Quick question for any O/C's,bought 400mhz memory cos it was only £10 more expensive,can I bring the fsb of my 2600 up to 400Mhz from 333fsb and run them in sync i.e by decreasing the multiplier in the bios,not found any definitive answer on the web ?
    Cheers
    Rob