A7G screen edges

Edgie70

Hi all , had my hisense A7G for about 3 weeks now and this is kind of annoying me , it's hard to capture on my phone but hopefully you can see the edges of the screen are lighter , mainly when watching a solid block colour hence on a green football pitch , I watch a lot of football ! Normal TV like Corrie etc and it's not noticeable ! I try and watch but always get drawn to these lighter parts !
Tried all backlight settings , any advice would be grateful , thanks
IMG_20220313_024106__02.jpg

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
Uneven backlight by looks of it? Can you test RGB, white, black, grey and CMYK screens?

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
Try youtube, full screen this

Edgie70

IMG_20220316_182504__01.jpg
thanks , I've took some more pictures and I'm waiting on what hisense say , it's ok watching normal TV but as soon as I watch a football game I can see it and it catches my eye all the time and annoys me !
IMG_20220316_181850.jpg

Edgie70

Quick update incase anyone has similar in the future , I sent a few pictures to hisense that they required via their link and they have given me an uplift code , they say it's being replaced because it can't be fixed , so I'm getting the same model because I like it , hopefully it will have a screen that's good .

bery_451

Hi just got the TV delivered from Costco today and have same problem:

Edgie70

Hi just got the TV delivered from Costco today and have same problem:

I got a replacement and it was exactly the same , same light edges so that's gone back too , shame really because I liked the TV

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom