• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

A450 to D90 value my kit ?

sconie

Established Member
After a bit of debating with myself, I am going to upgrade to the Nikon D90, and I am looking to sell on my A450 and various lenses to fund this move, I have only owned this Sony for two months and the exposures are only in the 100's.

It is a great camera with good reviews for an entry dslr, but I have an itching for a D90 and my good lady may treat me to another lens this Christmas.

So the A450 comes in very good condition with the kit lens, boxed with all manuals, I know they were on sale cheap at Comet, but those deals are all gone, and retail prices are around £380 and up, any thoughts on what this is worth.

I also have a Minolta 70-210 F4 Beercan lens, decent used condition with both end caps.

And a Tamron 70-300 lens, Boxed only used a half dozen times.

Lastly a Konica Minolta 35-70mm

I would apprecaite your valuations on these items, and if there is any interest I'll list them here first before trying Ebay.

If all goes well and I sell the lot, what lenses should I start off with, (portrait & landcape)

Cheers

Simon3119

Established Member
For landscape you need a wide lens, 10-20, doesn't need to be fast lens as most of the time the landscape stays where it's meant to.

For portraits I would recommend a 70-200mm and this is where you need a fast lens, anything below F2.8 would be ideal but you will have to pay for it.

No idea what your kits worth I'm afraid.

Pirate!!

Banned
A450 with kit lens was £299.00 from Wilkinson Cameras, so £260.00 used. Does the Beercan have original hood? If so and in decent order, circa £110.00, if not £70.00 (hoods are hard to find and expensive). Tamron 70-300mm circa £70.00-£75.00. Minolta 35-70mm unless F4, £15.00, if F4 £30.00-£40.00.

shotokan101

Banned
Out of curiosity - why are you unhappy with the A450 ?

Jim

sconie

Established Member
Hi Jim, not unhappy at all, but as you may have seen in my other thread, I have pondered whether to hold on to the Sony a bit longer before I upgrade, but having read a zillion reviews and owner feedback on the D90, I think I would like to own one, I also feel that if I make an early switch before I spend too much on the sony/minolta range, I will be able to hold on to the D90 for a good while.

I think I will pop the lot on ebay and take my chances, as I feel I could get a better return, but although I am considering sliding over to the "Dark side" with Nikon, I will no doubt continue to seek your advice in the future.

Many thanks.

shotokan101

Banned
Hi Jim, not unhappy at all, but as you may have seen in my other thread, I have pondered whether to hold on to the Sony a bit longer before I upgrade, but having read a zillion reviews and owner feedback on the D90, I think I would like to own one, I also feel that if I make an early switch before I spend too much on the sony/minolta range, I will be able to hold on to the D90 for a good while.

I think I will pop the lot on ebay and take my chances, as I feel I could get a better return, but although I am considering sliding over to the "Dark side" with Nikon, I will no doubt continue to seek your advice in the future.

Many thanks.

No problem - was just curious :cool:

Good luck with the sale - and good luck on the Dark Side :D

Jim

icedjacob

Established Member

Many thanks.

tbh it may be wiser to sell only camera and kit lens on ebay and sell the lenses separately, as you may not get people interested in all the items in your set and thus get a lower final price as what you would get with the items sold separately ;)

Good luck with the sale!

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
get them up for sale on the classifieds here , or alternatively there is another well known website with classifieds that i cannot name :facepalm: :laugh:

sconie

Established Member
Thanks again for the advice, I will probably go down the road of selling the camera with kit lens on evilbay and the other lenses on here.

I just don't know if I will ty to pick up a new body, they again are on evilbay from £530 or hang on for a D90 with kit lens, I'll keep my eyes open for a bargain.

shotokan101

Banned
Thanks again for the advice, I will probably go down the road of selling the camera with kit lens on evilbay and the other lenses on here.

I just don't know if I will ty to pick up a new body, they again are on evilbay from £530 or hang on for a D90 with kit lens, I'll keep my eyes open for a bargain.

Why not try selling it all - itemised - on AVF for a couple of day first before risking eBay Fees ?

Jim

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom