1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3803 no audio out problem.

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Paul Reading, May 21, 2003.

1. Paul Reading

Paul Reading

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Denon A3803 and I have just tried to record a radio programme on my mini disc recorder and have discovered that there is no audio out from the analogue connections on my amplifier.

I have no propblem with digital sources and optical out works fine. Only digital sources can be output via the optical out.

I have pulled the amplifier out and checked all the connections and they are correct. I have even tried the analogue VCR out sockets but alas nothing.

Can anyone here confirm that thier analogue out sockets are working. This is a disaster for me as I am running a Plasma through it and to send it away for repair means total loss of TV whilst repairs are made.

2. sounddog

sounddog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +461
    I assume you have set the record selector to the correct output ... I'm not exactly sure of the settup of the 3803 but assume that it has a record output selector.

If this doesn't work then sound like you may have a fault. As for being without the amp ... can you arrange for your dealer to lend you another amp while your is being repaired?

Vikki

3. Paul Reading

Paul Reading

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It was my fault. I was looking for an OSD option but there is a button on the front calles output source. I even read the manuall and still missed it.

The worse thing is it took me two hours to remove it and disconnect all the cables just to ensure thatthere was no audio out, which there wasn't. I could have saved myself the trouble if I had spotted it!