1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A32 for sale in classified

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by SteveParsons, Apr 13, 2005.

1. SteveParsons

SteveParsons

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Just thought I'd let any interested parties know that I've put my A32 up for sale on the classifieds. Mint condition with 4 yrs guarantee remaining.

Cheers,

Steve

2. Hifi addict

Hifi addict

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    what are you upgrading to steve?

3. SteveParsons

SteveParsons

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I've gone a bit mad & decided to start seeing what digital is like. I've bought a second hand Tact RCS 2.2x (room correction system, DAC & preamp) going into a battery powered Tripath amp (which although digital only has analogue inputs).

The A32 to be honest is a little bit better than the Tripath to my ears (although its still burning in) but I need to sell the A32 to fund some of the cost of the preamp. I wouldn't be surprised if I end up buying a P35 (or alternative power amp) if I can't get on with the Tripath.

Bad case of upgradeitis. Lots of fun though.

Cheers,

Steve

Cheers,

Steve

4. Crespotav

Crespotav
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would not put that item to sale before the Tact proves superior. I have an A22 and maintained it to drive the front speakers, connected to the AVR300 in PROC mode and also to play vinyl. CD's in pure direct mode, also. sometimes...

If you have any analoque sources (vinyl or tape deck) you will regret this sale. Is your room that bad? Do you have a soundmeter?

5. SteveParsons

SteveParsons

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I don't have any analogue sources - hence my willingness to try room correction. I have definately got a bit of the old boom....boom because of the room. I've only just started playing around with DRC but I'm already getting positive results.

The Tact stuff is not straightforward & easy to understand/tailor but with a bit of effort I certainly feel like I'm going in the right direction. Even without room correction engaged I'd have to say that the sound is pretty good.

Its a bit difficult to pin changes in sound down as I've committed the cardinal sin of changing several things at once in the system (I've got my transport reclocked with a Trichord clock 4 mod & Never connected PSU as well as the Tripath/tact change). I've also got rid of my Chord DAC64.

These changes will take some bedding in, thats for sure.

6. Crespotav

Crespotav
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    From a review available at : http://www.stereophile.com//amplificationreviews/437/index3.html

The two biggest enemies of achieving satisfaction with the TacT are a lack of perseverance and one's own comfortable biases. Achieving the ideal correction requires continual re-evaluation and listening over a period of weeks or months, and, without independent measurements, it could be difficult to determine which correction is right.

May such efforts increase your enjoyment of music.

If you are into classical Music, purist records like old Mercury's, RCA Living Stereo and a 1999 Water Lilly "Nature's Realm" recorded at the Academy of Music in Philadelphia,may be useful.

7. SteveParsons

SteveParsons

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I think thats dead on. A frequency response curve is a very abstract thing - it'll take some serious practice to be able to say that if I manipulate this section I will probably have x effect. Just wish I had more time to play....