1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A2/Power Amp Combo?

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by Movieman, Jul 5, 2004.

1. Movieman

Movieman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Hi Guys
    Im new here and its been intresting to read some of your opions, there seems to alot of knowledge out there.
    I have a question for you, has anyone got a Yamaha A2 & power amp combo? and if so whats your opion. Does just useing the YA2 as a processer and the power amp for the power work well.
    I ask because Im just about to buy a Parasound HCA 1205A, and I wanted to know if I will realy notice a differance.

Cheers

Movieman

2. Philly112

Philly112

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,484
    I ran a Yamaha AX1 with my A51 for a bit. To be honest, the bigger difference was when I got the C2 processor. The A51/AX1 was an improvement, yes, but my biggest problem with my Yam was the sub out (seemed 'boomy'). This was only cured with a better processor. By all means use the A2, but I would see this as a step to a proper pre power combo.
    Another problem of course is the sheer amount of space the two power amps will take up!
    Phil