A1SE upgrade question

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by fatrich, May 19, 2002.

1. fatrich

fatrich

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Hi
    can any of u guys assist please i have just aquired a 4 month old a1se and have £600 squid burning a hole in my pocket my question is to u guys who have got your amps back is the upgrade worth the pennies ? does it make a great deal of difference in regards to the sound quality ? i am looking to simply protect my investment but if the difference isnt a great deal then i will buy a new screen

any comments would be greatful.
    regards
    richard

2. UrbanT

UrbanT
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,038
    I've upped the current A1SE upgrade thread for you which should answer your question.

If you can't be bothered to read it, the answers 'yes' :)

3. infomatique

infomatique

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You decision appears to by financial rather than quality based and if this is the case I would be inclined to do something else with your cash.

4. fatrich

fatrich

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    informatique
    Financial ,no not at all i just am looking for feed back from people who have had the upgrade and to gauge an honest response to see if there is a noticible difference in the sound and is it £600 well spent.

Why do u ask have u had your a1se upgraded if so i would appreciate your comments.

Urban T thanks for the info i will be upgrading but the lack of new boards available is a tad worrying.

regards

richard

5. infomatique

infomatique

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Actually I have the AVC-A1SR and have no experience of the older version (even though I was about to purchase one) but having visited many different forums (worldwide) everyone who got the upgrade is very impressed and I have not seen any contrary views.

If you have the money and are looking for an improvement in quality you should upgrade as soon as possible.