• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

A1SE component out help

oz72

Established Member
Hi can someone please help. Ive got a A1SE and want to plug dvd ps2 and digibox so I can watch them on my tv as well as my projector. Component would be the prefered way (better quality and I already have the cable fitted)

The problem I've got is that If I wanted to output component would I need to have everything attached via component (A1SE doesnt do video converion). Connecting Dvd & ps2 via component not a problem so my questions are

1) how can I use the digi box with the projector and the tv. I currently have it connected to the tv

2) is the amp just has one component output so how could I feed two components out to the projector and the tv (would I need a splitter)

3) the tv has just one scart in and one scart out, cheap and cheerul so how could I feed a component out into the tv's scart socket.

Hope this makes sense

Jase

Distinguished Member
To get everything via the Component Outputs you need to have everything connected to the A1SE via Component.

1) Depends how many outputs your Digibox has and what type they are (Scart, S-Video etc). If it's only got a Scart output then you'll need to buy an RGB to Component Convertor. That would give you a Component signal which you can feed to the PJ.

2) & 3) If your TV only has a Scart Input then it's highly unlikely it will be able to accept a Component signal via that connection anyway. The only TV's I know of that can are some of the Loewe's.

That renders question 2 null and void if it can't. No point having a convertor/splitter/video booster if the TV can't accept the signal.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom