A11 New firmware wiped multi-region!

Jack D

Standard Member
I just updated my A11 with firmware sent from Denon USA. Everything works fine but the upgrade wiped out the multi-region capability of the machine. It can only play DVDs from the Europe/Africa region!

Can anyone tell me how to make it multi-region again?

Many thanks!
 

thudspud

Active Member
I'm afraid you need to get a multi region version of the firmware which is what I'm trying to get hold of, I will let you have it if I manage to source it and the same would be appreciated.

Cheers

Chris
 

Jack D

Standard Member
thudspud said:
I'm afraid you need to get a multi region version of the firmware which is what I'm trying to get hold of, I will let you have it if I manage to source it and the same would be appreciated.

Cheers

Chris
I'm currently dealing with Denon Tech assistance in South Africa. They are going to send me the old firmware which is MR. So I have to reinstall a very old version of the firmware which is what the A11 had when I bought it in July 2004. Still, it's worth it for me because the vast majority of my DVD collection is region 1.

The guy told me they expect the latest MR version (with DL3) from Japan "soon." Right.... He also told me that he will email it to me so at least there is no hardware upgrade required to activate DL3. Will let you know if/when I get it.

What exactly is the latest MR firmware that is floating around there in Europe? I have a feeling that the version I will revert to is older than what some of you guys have there. If you've got a version you can email, I would be grateful....
 

thudspud

Active Member
Apparantly the latest version is 'G' but somebody else mentioned that 'H' is on the way, maybe this could be the one with DL3?

If you do get a version it would be great if you could send it me and I will do the same.

Cheers

Chris
 

fyonn

Active Member
thudspud said:
Apparantly the latest version is 'G' but somebody else mentioned that 'H' is on the way, maybe this could be the one with DL3?

If you do get a version it would be great if you could send it me and I will do the same.

Cheers

Chris
I've got the MR version of G installed on my a11 atm. I don't have the files to share alas, but I just went into my local denon dealer and asked them to get it for me. they didn't have a problem with that at all, did it all for free.

I beleive that H is the one with DL3, but they implied a hardware upgrade might be required for DL3. don't know yet.

dave
 

fyonn

Active Member
andrewkay said:
Pardon my ignorance, but What is DL3?

Andy
denon link 3, the rj45 port on the back of high end denon dvdp's and amp's for transferring all audio over. denon link 2 (denon link se) only supported compressed (dolby digital/dts), PCM and unencrypted dvda I think. DL3 is supposed to support encrypted dvda and sacd I think.

as I don't have a denon amp, it's not terribly useful to me but hey :)

dave
 

Welwynnick

Well-known Member
fyonn said:
denon link 3, the rj45 port on the back of high end denon dvdp's and amp's for transferring all audio over. denon link 2 (denon link se) only supported compressed (dolby digital/dts), PCM and unencrypted dvda I think. DL3 is supposed to support encrypted dvda and sacd I think.
Does anyone know if it allows encrypted DVDA and SACD to work over the iLink for other manufacturer's amplifiers as well?

Nick :confused:
 

Jack D

Standard Member
fyonn said:
I've got the MR version of G installed on my a11 atm. I don't have the files to share alas, but I just went into my local denon dealer and asked them to get it for me. they didn't have a problem with that at all, did it all for free.

I beleive that H is the one with DL3, but they implied a hardware upgrade might be required for DL3. don't know yet.

dave
Well all I know is that I eventually fried my eprom trying to upload a US version of the software that I later realized was not MR and then trying to repair it. My local Denon rep says that there is not available a MR version with DL3 activated. At this point I don't know what to think. i don't know exactly why he would lie about it. He claims he has been pressuring Denon Japan to release the version. I'm not really in a position to try any updates myself at this point because my A 11 is in the shop waiting for a new eprom installation. In any case, my rep says that the upgrade to DL3 does not require any additional hardware so it could be sent via email.
 

vonhosen

Active Member
welwynnick said:
Does anyone know if it allows encrypted DVDA and SACD to work over the iLink for other manufacturer's amplifiers as well?

Nick :confused:
Previous firmware allow this already.
 

Trending threads

Top Bottom