A11 Multi-region Firmware help

mightyevi5u

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

My A11 has just come back from SST and the firmware has been changed to a non multi region one. Can anyone provide me with the multiregion firmware please?

Thanks.

Excuse My Ignorance..........who Or What Is Sst?

Sound System Technology, the people who do the official upgrades/repairs for Denon as part of their warranty.

DID YOU BY ANY CHANCE GET THE A11 UPGRADED TO 3rd GEN D-LINK?

I don't know, how can I tell, I don't use Denon Link

SORRY I STUPIDLY MADE THE ASSUMPTION THAT BECAUSE IT CAME BACK SINGLE REGIONED THAT YOU HAD PERHAPS HAD IT UPGRADED FROM GEN2 TO GEN3 AS THIS IS THE TRADE OFF THAT IS USUALLY MADE (THE DVD3910 FOR INSTANCE)
AS FOR KNOWING WHAT GEN D/LINK YOU HAVE, GO TO THE SETUP MENU AND MOVE THE CURSOR TO AUDIO SETUP AND YOU WILL SEE DENON LINK WITH 2nd OR 3rd NEXT TO IT.
BUT IF YOU ARE NOT USING D/LINK IT WONT MATTER ANYWAY!!

Hi,

I,m currently waiting for my A11 to be returned after the upgrade to DL 3

I was assured by Denon this would not affect the multi region firmware of my player.

If I get it back and they,ve mucked it up then I won,t be a happy bunny at all.

The player has already been away for months and I was quoted 2 weeks :mad:

Sorry Mate,i Did Not Mean To Scaremonger Since I Dont Have Any First Hand Experience Of The Gen3 Upgrade,except That When I Contacted Denon About Upgrading My A11 The C/c Folk Sent Me 3 Discs Which Had 3910 On Them And Also A Set Of Procedures To Install.................on The Procedures List Was The Information That After Doing The Upgrade The Player Would Revert To R2
How Much Are They Charging You?
I Have Been Trying To Get An Answer From Denon/dealers For Lots Of Months.

12 promises said:
Sorry Mate,i Did Not Mean To Scaremonger Since I Dont Have Any First Hand Experience Of The Gen3 Upgrade,except That When I Contacted Denon About Upgrading My A11 The C/c Folk Sent Me 3 Discs Which Had 3910 On Them And Also A Set Of Procedures To Install.................on The Procedures List Was The Information That After Doing The Upgrade The Player Would Revert To R2

Hi mate,

I,d never get wound up by anybody on here:)

Just companies now and then, take the **** a bit from time to time.

I think the upgrade is for free as I already paid ÂŁ200 to get my A1 SR upgraded to DL 3.

Cheers

Richie.

Out of interest what is the last MultiRegion firmware anyone here managed to get?

I'm still trying to get any word via my dealer on a -G multiregion but they don't seem to be able to get anything out of Denon (least not in the last 3 months :( ).

12 promises said:

If the software is the same as that for the 3910, as suggested above, try here.

You may have to search through the pages a bit but there is a Multi-region patch to 6609-E MR.

As Previously Posted,denon Sent Me These Three Discs By Error If Anyone Wants Them Please Send Me Details And I'll Be Happy To Mail Them Out. (probably Quicker Than Denon Could Supply Them )
SORRY.IT SEEMS THAT MY POST WAS MISLEADING........
THE THREE DISCS SENT DO NOT,REPEAT,DO NOT WORK ON THE A11.DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE THEM ON THE A11!!!

12 promises said:
As Previously Posted,denon Sent Me These Three Discs By Error If Anyone Wants Them Please Send Me Details And I'll Be Happy To Mail Them Out. (probably Quicker Than Denon Could Supply Them )
SORRY.IT SEEMS THAT MY POST WAS MISLEADING........
THE THREE DISCS SENT DO NOT,REPEAT,DO NOT WORK ON THE A11.DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE THEM ON THE A11!!!

To update the firmware on the 3910 is NOT a 3 disc update.
There should be 4 discs, not 3.
Do NOT just use the 3 disc update, as there will be a section of firmware that will not have been updated, and this may be awkward somewhere down the line.

Suspect they will be different for the A11, as the firmware update for the 2910 is a separete, single disc.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom