A10SE OR 3801

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by jimcarney, Apr 26, 2001.

1. jimcarney

jimcarney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I am about to purchase the A10SE ,but I was wondering if I might not be better off, buying the 3801 , do I really need NEO6 or whatever its called or should I wait to see if the A10SE is superceded by a newer model which is supposedly in the pipeline ,I have
    been offered a part exchange deal on my AVR 1800 {bought in June 2000 }£300 on it as part ex I am sorely tempted I could have the A10SE plus POAT10 for £1500 any comments ???
    JPC

2. MarkB

MarkB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Jim

Is the £300 part x after the £1500 price or before? I've seen the A10SE for £1099 and the T10 for £249!
    In your particular case I think I would go for the A10SE and T10 amp, concentrate on the set-up's primary purpose – Dolby Digital and dts Surround.
    You could wait and see what Denon will release in the autumn, there is a bit of a gap between the 3801 and A1SE that they will fill soon, replacing the A1D and/or A10SE, I'm sure.
    Shame you couldn't squeeze another 400-500 quid from somewhere to get the flagship AVC-A1SE.
    Happy hunting.
    Mark

[ 26-04-2001: Message edited by: MarkB ]

3. jimcarney

jimcarney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks , MarkB,
    I should have made it plainer its after.
    The quote I have from Lyric Hi Fi Belfast is after new price reductions by DENON ie £1000 or so for A10SE ,I was not sure how much the T10 is going for,what is the best price on the A1SE?
    JPC

4. Matty N

Matty N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is another post in the Amplifiers section that gives some details about prices and stockists of UK A1SE's. As a rule of thumb, budget for about £2000.

Sounds to me the quote you had from that hifi stockist may well have been a little inflated. Personally, for full price with no P/X I wouldn't pay much more than £1300 for the A10SE and the POAT-10. With your part exchange as well, maybe around the £1000-1100 mark.

Perhaps it would be better to either keep your existing amp and drive it 2 channel direct from the rear centre pre-outs of the A10SE or you could sell your amp privately (I'm sure you'll get it gone for a fair price) and buy the A1SE. It IS worth it.

Happy hunting,

Matt