A-Z Retailers Discount Index

partyweb

Novice Member
The Definitive Discount Thread
(Also there is a useful links section in post #2)

(Full list last updated: 25/09/06)

Thought it was about time somebody compiled a list of available tips for discounts or any discount vouchers for each retailer.

If you know of any discounts that are not listed or if any of the details in this 1st post have changed please let me know on this thread.

101cd
Discounts:

Amazon (UK / US)
Discounts:
- 10% off all dvd purchases by joining amazon's rental-by-post scheme

Asda
Discounts:

Axelmusic
Discounts:

Bensonsworld
Discounts:

Blah
Discounts:
- £2 off £10 order for 'new members'
- £5 off £30 order for 'new members'

Cd-wow (UK / US)
Discounts:
- There are too many to list here (Best advice here)

Choices
Discounts:
- 5% off total order, enter '001Xmas06' as promotional code at checkout.

Deepdiscountdvd
Discounts:

Dotcomdvd
Discounts:

Dvd.co.uk
Discounts:

Dvdplus
Discounts:

Dvdpopcorn
Discounts:

Filmnight
Discounts:

Hmv
Discounts:
- 10% off with code: BJ4876
- 15% off with code: WK8495 (Expires 06/11/06)
- Get £3 off a £20 spend with code: DG6564
- Get £5 off a £30 spend with code: CA8795
- Get £5 off a £30 spend with code: AN3714 (Expires 30/11/06)
- Get £5 off a £35 spend with code: WG3757 (Expires 06/11/06)

Play
Discounts:

Powerplay
Discounts:
- £1 off = 0POW1
- 50p off orders under £15 = BRINC1
- £1 off orders over £15 = BRINC2
- £2 off orders over £20 = BRINC3
- £3 off orders over £35 = BRINC4

Sainsburysentertainyou
Discounts:

Selectcheaper
Discounts:

Sendit
Discounts:

Silverscreen
Discounts:

Tesco
Discounts:

TheHut
Discounts:
- £3 off £30 spend with code: shinynewsite

Virgin
Discounts:

WH Smiths
Discounts:

Woolworths
Discounts:
- 10% off with code: FRIENDS

:smashin: A big thanx to the following contributors to this thread: 100%WHU, ala1958, andijones, AV Junkie, battyboy, buster_broon, Chumpy, Cloysterpeteuk, Conn, Cdereko1969, fletch_n_1, fathazza, Floodedstatue, highlanders, KevD, Krish72, Licensedtaximan, Madcyril, Mics49, MRH 69, mutamist, N-I-C-K, Nick 156, per-Sony-fied, pRot3us, Racquel Darrian, robbleiper, ScoobyZ, twistywizard, wildeny

partyweb

Novice Member
USEFUL LINKS

BARGAINS/VOUCHERS:

:smashin: www.bargaindvds.co.uk
- voucher section is here

:smashin: www.dvdbargain.net
- discount links & voucher section is here

:smashin: Bargain Database
- Good selection of bargains and discount vouchers.

REVIEWS/COMPARISONS:

:smashin: avforum's dvd review section
- the a-z index to the reviews is here

:smashin: www.dvd-basen.dk
-Good multiregion dvd reviews/comparisons :

:smashin: www.dvdcompare.net (aka: Rewind)
- Not sure what region or version to go for? Check it out here 1st.

:smashin: www.dvdbeaver.com
- The best site for comparing different region/version's image quality. And some damn good reviews.

PRICE COMPARISONS:

:smashin: www.find-dvd.co.uk
- Their excellent price watch facility is here

:smashin: www.dvdpricecheck.co.uk
- An all region DVD pricechecker similar to find-dvd.

:smashin: http://runob.seclan.be/
- Just pop the cd-wow item number in the box for a search of all cd-wow sites.

More useful links coming soon - any suggestions?
:lease:

krish

Distinguished Member

per-Sony-fied

Novice Member
The Hut.... I think it's still ongoing.... has 2 discount codes for a £50 spend.

"Banana" and "orange" will get you £10 discount.

partyweb

Novice Member
:smashin: Keep the links comin' guys, but don't forget this thread is just about vouchers for sites and tips on getting additional discounts for particular sites (eg; cd-wow's 'Uni of Iowa' link + $2 voucher).

My idea was that if you see something cheap on a site, before you make your purchase you can check here to see if you can get a few extra quid off. ;)

I'm also providing links to bargain threads for particular sites so that if you gat a voucher for say, hmv, then there will be a link or two to a list of their current bargains. :thumbsup:

Conn

Novice Member
partyweb said:
:smashin: Keep the links comin' guys, but don't forget this thread is just about vouchers for sites and tips on getting additional discounts for particular sites (eg; cd-wow's 'Uni of Iowa' link + $2 voucher).

My idea was that if you see something cheap on a site, before you make your purchase you can check here to see if you can get a few extra quid off. ;)

I'm also providing links to bargain threads for particular sites so that if you gat a voucher for say, hmv, then there will be a link or two to a list of their current bargains. :thumbsup:
:D You write the best slapped wrists :rotfl: I'll pay more attention, honest.

pRot3us

Distinguished Member
A couple more Useful Links

One that I always use to search for dvd reviews/comparisons :

www.dvd-basen.dk :smashin:

It searches all of the main review/comparison sites giving you a wide range of info/opinions.

Also another great site that dvd-basen also includes in its searches is
www.dvdbeaver.com
The best site for comparing different region/version's image quality. :smashin:

partyweb

Novice Member
Tejstar said:
Nice work Party - maybe this should be made a sticky?
Yup, I'm hopin' that too as it's going to hopefully have all the links and info us bargain hunters need all in one place. So keep them ideas comin' guys. :smashin:

Any other votes for it to be sticky?

per-Sony-fied

Novice Member
Err there's an error for one of the discounts. :oops:

The Banana discount I gave you for £10 off £50 at "The Hut" is incorrect, it's £5 off £30.

The Orange may still apply.

per-Sony-fied

Novice Member
partyweb said:
Yup, I'm hopin' that too as it's going to hopefully have all the links and info us bargain hunters need all in one place. So keep them ideas comin' guys. :smashin:

Any other votes for it to be sticky?
Good idea but I'm worried that some of the more cheeky and naughty ways of getting discounts might just end once to many people become aware. Perhaps we should just hint at these ;) All up tho' for a sticky bargains thread and legit discounts. :thumbsup:

partyweb

Novice Member
per-Sony-fied said:
Good idea but I'm worried that some of the more cheeky and naughty ways of getting discounts might just end once to many people become aware. Perhaps we should just hint at these ;) All up tho' for a sticky bargains thread and legit discounts. :thumbsup:
Never seemed to be a problem in the past. One retailer did go through a phase last year of cancelling orders with some methods of getting a good price which meant some of us went elsewhere cheaper but no-one recently has reported having their orders cancelled. So it's got to be a case that if it ain't abused it'll go unnoticed. :smashin:

per-Sony-fied

Novice Member
partyweb said:
Never seemed to be a problem in the past. One retailer did go through a phase last year of cancelling orders with some methods of getting a good price which meant some of us went elsewhere cheaper but no-one recently has reported having their orders cancelled. So it's got to be a case that if it ain't abused it'll go unnoticed. :smashin:
Yes and we all know who that retailer is.... the only one on the net that allows such abuse through it's seemingly unprecented generosity. Will they be able to continue to do such generosity if an ever increasing crowd use these bargain links in conjunction with other ways of further reductions? I can name one such instance of superior generosity of last year that came to light in a few threads, then got hammered and then this promptly got stopped as it became aware by the e-tailer and fixed. I don't blame them at all for this as money must have been lost, unknowingly.

So basically the moral of the story is.....if it IS broken let's try not to give em clues of how to fix it ;) :eek: Gasp!

N-I-C-K

Novice Member
partyweb said:
Nick, on your database you have a code for 10% off TheHut (I've added to my post #1), do you know if there is a minimum spend or if it can be used more than once?
I'm not sure at the moment... i've tryed to test it but the website never loads up for me... it loads the header after about 10 seconds and then it just loads and loads.... anybody else find that.

partyweb

Novice Member
N-I-C-K said:
I'm not sure at the moment... i've tryed to test it but the website never loads up for me... it loads the header after about 10 seconds and then it just loads and loads.... anybody else find that.
Site loads fine for me as I've just added a few more bargains to my disney thread. Mind you I'm on broadband if that makes any difference.

N-I-C-K

Novice Member
partyweb said:
Site loads fine for me as I've just added a few more bargains to my disney thread. Mind you I'm on broadband if that makes any difference.
It's beginning to load up for me, but its deadly slow... i'm on a 1mb connection.

The answer to your questions is, theres no minimum spend. Not sure about repeat orders, i've not ordered anything... but it did knock 10% off a £3.99 dvd I added to the basket.

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
I've just deleted all the voucher codes for The Hut.
No voucher codes, please, unless you have written permission from the company confirming that it's ok to publicise and use them.
Voucher codes are usually given to a specific qualifying group of people and are not intended for mass consumption.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews

Latest News

What's new on Sky and NOW TV UK for October 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Linn upgrades Majik LP12 turntable with new tonearm
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
VPI announces new Prime 21 turntables
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Skyworth launches 8K Q71 TV
  • By Andy Bassett