A Worthy Upgrade ?

Dazo

Hi all i have just got a Sony KDL-40W2000 and at the moment i am just using a run of the mill dvd player. Is it worth upgrading to a dvd player with a HDMI output ?? I am considering the Toshiba 360e or the Sony Dvp-ns76h as they tie in with my budget. Is this a worthy upgrade or am i better waiting for HD-DVD.

Thanks for any advice on this.

SNICK

Depends how 'run of the mill' your DVD player is of course. If you've got money to burn then the Sony might partner well with your screen. There are numerous threads on this subject, with many suggesting little or no benefit in upscaling, with an increase in artifacts etc. More than often the pic via scart is better than HDMI.

Suggest visiting a Sony Centre for a demo - then consider going down the HD/Blu ray route and getting true Hi def - not just some wolf in sheeps clothing :smashin:

Dazo

Many thanks for the reply mate my present player is actually a dvd recorder. Toshiba D-R3 recorder which if i am honest i hardly ever use for recording. I think i may just wait for either HD or Blu ray to take off and go down that route. I don't mind spending a bit of cash now though if i was to get a benefit. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom