A WII WII bit of a nightmare, finally over...(hopefully)

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii-U & 3DS' started by azza21, Dec 29, 2006.

1. azza21

azza21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +79
    My Wii December Journey :)

When I heard about the Nintendo Wii, it was called the "Revolution" way back in 2005 at the E3 I thought I wonder what Nintendo can come up with then they showed off their revolutionary new gaming concept later that year, I was taken back. So around September I started looking for pre-orders for the Wii, I had learnt a big lesson from the UK Xbox 360 launch not to take any risks and pre-order this baby early.
    So around early September after the launch date was announced I checked all the respectable game websites to see if I could pre order the Wii early as possible so their wasn't a chance I would miss out on this console for launch. Whilst searching I came upon PLAY.com, “Pre-Order the Nintendo Wii £179.99”. OH YES, I'm sorted for chrimbo then, so I pre-ordered it, date: 8th September.
    A few month passed by when around 1/2nd December all-of-a-sudden I got an e-mail saying "sorry we cannot fulfil our Nintendo Wii pre-orders and that I can council my order if I wish.” W*ank*rs, that's helpful. So I was back to square one. I was however more determined to get a Wii because Nintendo promised a high supply for Christmas. How wrong I was.
    I decided against pre-ordering a Wii at this late stage and hoped, after hearing Nintendo's comments I would be able to get one on the high streets or online.
    A Couple of days after the launch I went to all the shops, you name them I went to them, no luck. So around the 15th Dec around 9am time before I went to work I check the internet, Amazon had stock in, I went to order one , status changed current allocation was sold out, I missed out by minutes.
    3 or 4 days later after my continued high street trek, being flogged off with the same old retailer crap, Thursday came along I came home from work, checked my daily supply of game sites I came across Woolworths site they had the Wii in-stock, great. So went to order it, what happened...yes you know the story by now, I just missed out again, by minutes. I started checking other sites like eBay but I wasn't willing to pay the eBay price of £300+ a complete joke.
    It was now around 19th December I was becoming desperate looking back now I was behaving like a spoilt brat, I saw someone selling 10 Wii's on an auction site called tazbar I decided to give him an e-mail to see if on the off chance he'd be willing to sell me a Wii at £220. Later that night he got back to me we agreed, I sent him a payment of £220 and he told me I'd receive it by 22nd December at the latest, We kept in contact for a couple of nights, he seemed genuine enough, ha they all do when they are trying to fraud you so the 21st & 22nd went by, nothing. After constant e-mails, I got the no reply treatment, I'd been scammed. Anyways that's another ongoing fight as I write this.
    So that night 22nd, severely annoyed but still not giving up hope I checked this forum. Someone posted “GAMESEEK Wii in stock”; sweet I got lucky, finally!
    I ordered a Wii from the site straight away in a rush, I didn't want to miss out again BUT the next morning I got a phone call (OH NOO) this is gameseek sorry it was a glitch with the site we have no Wii stock in at the moment, please accept my apologies. At this point I was absolutely gutted, I'd almost had enough.
    So the 24th arrived and another “one more last chance” before chrimbo to get a Wii, my girlfriend was going into Oxford early, she went to GAME the bloke said they had just sold their last limited stock of Wii's 10 minutes ago and that they wouldn't be getting any in until early January. I had been defeated, a battle I thought I could win, because that's what it had turned into and I was the loser.

So I took Christmas as it comes, got p*ssed had a bloody good time, been recovering the past few days.
    Then today went on the internet willing to look again, checked AV forum saw someone mentioned John Lewis had stock in went on their site but instead of using their site to order it I tried phoning instead, maybe a change of luck?? Just as the bloke was about to put my order through he said, sorry sir the item seems to have gone out of stock, I really do apologize. Grrr...No luck still. This was 6 hours ago then my luck FINALLY changes. Again through this forum (I love you people) I saw a post saying SimplyGames have stock AND it went through at a slightly higher price off £237.84 but includes Super Monkey ball. Is it over, will it suddenly get lost in the post, only time will tell? But it's been long journey.

I have however learnt many things on this wii adventure, never pre-order with PLAY.com. Don't let desperation take over, NEVER buy from an unknown auction site (Tazbar) and never ever e-mail someone with 10 wii's for sale and believe they would be genuine enough to do you a deal.

The Playstation 3 awaits me. Don't worry I have pre-ordered with 3 websites this time :D

I got a bit carried away writing this, oh well just thought I'd share my wii December nightmare.

2. andyr300

andyr300

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    my story is pretty similar,except i didnt get ripped off and managed to get form amazon ordered on 22nd came on the 23rd.

dont worry,when you get it,you will feel all relieved cos its a great system

3. evade

evade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Wow that's an epic story, I'm sure once your Wii arrives it will all be worth it :)

4. mikthe20

mikthe20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hope you get your Wii mate - worth waiting for. However, I have seen a lot of people saying they're going to pre-order the PS3 from multiple stores (and indeed some saying they will sell them on eBay). I don't understand why. With the Wii and the Xbox 360 last year I can understand people being desperate as they would mainly be Xmas presents and therefore absolutely required by 25/12. However, what's the rush to get a PS3? I can understand it's kinda nice to have it as soon as it's out, but is it that great a loss if you get it 4 weeks after the Euro launch? I can't imagine there will be much desperation on eBay if the Xmas effect is not there. I'm genuinely intrigued, or I could be wrong and people will be desperate to buy one as soon as possible anyway.