A whole host of questions on Viera setup.

GazTheHat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Current Kit: Pioneer DV-444, Yamaha RX-640, Wharfedale Diamond 8.4/8.2 combo, Xbrick, Pronto. QED Sqart AV41 RGB Only Scart Lead, QED Silver anniversary speaker cable.

I'm new to plasma's and here, but i'm reading lots, learning slowly, but also impatient :)

I've bitten the bullet and ordered a Panny Viera 42" woo-hoo. It arrives on monday. Most of the mags seemed to rate it as one, if not 'the' best 42" around, so hopefully i've spent wisely. I don't know too much about plasmas. They're big, flat and i've wanted one for ages!!

What i'm not so sure about is setting it up:

I'm after a wall mount. I'm not interested in a tilt one (why have tilt anyway?), and i'd like it as flush to the wall as possible. Any recommendations? I see the one at AV-Sales is quite popular, any others to compare it against??

Also, it's onto a plasterboard wall, i'm able to access the back of the wall, so was planning to put a wooden frame on the back and latch onto that. Does that sound feasible?? The last thing i want is it to drop off the wall.... :eek:

Component Video. My DVD doesn't support this. Is the picture "that" much better than with the super scart i have??

I'm also planning to swap my Wharfs for some Kef 2005.2's, for more discreet sound (and to stop a 7 week old nipper prodding them). I should maybe take this to the speaker section, but while i'm here, any thoughts/comments on kef eggs? offers? suppliers in scotland?? I'm pretty clued on setting them up (distances etc) - he says.

Any help or URLs appreciated....!!

Cheers,
GazTheHat

There were ones that had free dvd recorders, stands and holidays to florida, but their prices reflected that. I ended up getting it from Empire, their price was one of the lowest i found, plus i had to use them as it was an insurance claim, but that did mean it was screen only.

RS100 that advertises here has some wall mounts. Anyone tried these? They any good? They're not far from me which is a bonus.

It's like a mine field out there with wall mounts, settings, viewing angles and what-not.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom