A Way Out (PS4) (2018)

Brothers had the most unforgettable moment in any game I've played, utilising a unique coop system you play by yourself. A way Out looks great, if they can maintain creativity and gameplay skills, this is one to look out for..

Can see that being a bit tricky though....unless you have someone who can play at a set fixed time etc....you could be playing it for months lol

Can see that being a bit tricky though....unless you have someone who can play at a set fixed time etc....you could be playing it for months lol
I'll just plug a second controller in or get the wife to play.

It's funny cos my wife said to me the other day she wishes I had a game that story driven that was 2 player...currently only play tekken together....and yes...she kicks my arse [emoji23] she uses some crazy technique called "spirit fingers" but this could a game that fits the bill

im not a co op or multplayer guy but i will play this will try and tap someone up on my friends list of play online with randoms.

looks interesting playing games in co op can be really great or frustrating

apparently theres not matchmaking so you either have to play it couch co op or you have to play with a friend

I'm a big, big fan of co-op games so naturally, this looks very interesting to me. Especially given how there are not really any (or many) story-driven co-op games around. The part where one player is in a cutscene while the other is free to do whatever, seems a little strange to me. Not in a bad way though I guess, just different.

Yeah still looking great, love on the video where he holds 2 copies up and says if you want to play online with your friends, then fook 2 copies, you only need 1, and you invite your friend to play with you free of charge, great idea

***Spoiler*** A Way Out Trophies

Which brings me to my question, both me and a mate are going to be getting this game.

If we play together does anyone know if we will both earn trophies or will it only be the person who is "hosting" the game?

***Spoiler*** A Way Out Trophies

Which brings me to my question, both me and a mate are going to be getting this game.

If we play together does anyone know if we will both earn trophies or will it only be the person who is "hosting" the game?
You should both earn them. There a couple you will have to do and only get individually.

I stand corrected See Post below.

Decent game this and the fact only one person needs to own it between the 2 of you is great.

Last edited:
You only pop trophies when you own the game..

Guide: Can You Play A Way Out in Single Player on PS4?

Additionally, you'll only earn trophies if you own a copy of A Way Out. If you join online co-op as above and don't own A Way Out, you won't unlock the trophies until you purchase the game yourself, at which point your accumulated trinkets will pop.

im definitely going to get this now glad it seems to have turned out well. the trophy thing is interesting where the other player doesnt get them but they pop if they then buy it

You should both earn them. There a couple you will have to do and only get individually.

I stand corrected See Post below.

Decent game this and the fact only one person needs to own it between the 2 of you is great.

Can I ask about the backseat mechanic and live the dream trophies?

Do they have to be done twice as different characters? I did the mechanic one as Vincent and only my friend got the trophy. My friend did the dream one as Leo and only I got the trophy.

I enjoyed the game, but the last hour wasn't quite as good as the rest as it turned into a bit of an action-fest.

Can I ask about the backseat mechanic and live the dream trophies?

Do they have to be done twice as different characters? I did the mechanic one as Vincent and only my friend got the trophy. My friend did the dream one as Leo and only I got the trophy.

I enjoyed the game, but the last hour wasn't quite as good as the rest as it turned into a bit of an action-fest.
Not sure as I never unlocked all the trophies.

I have a digital copy of this for sale if anyone is interested give me a shout and i'll knock up a thread.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom