A Walk Among the Tombstones (19 September 2014)

How did you rate this film?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Directed by Scott Frank (The Lookout), based on the book from Lawrence Block.

Liam Neeson, Dan Stevens, David Harbour, Boyd Holbrook

Neeson as Matt Scudder, an ex-NYPD cop who now works as an unlicensed private investigator operating just outside the law, reluctantly agrees to help a heroin trafficker (Dan Stevens) hunt down the men who kidnapped and then brutally murdered his wife.

0uQVtfW.jpg

UYP2jla.png

Last edited:
Looks good, rather standard Neeson fair these days. Liked the Soundgarden cover too !

My goodness, just 2 posts in here. The world's gone mad!

This is getting some real pre-release buzz anyway, and it's one of my most hotly anticipated films of the year. Neeson going after bad guys is always going to be awesome!

And it looks a lot more intelligent than Taken as well.

As I expected. This is a film that's going to sneak under the radar for a lot of people I think.

12a or not?

Saw the trailer for this at the weekend and will be seeing it.

I don't mind Neesan as a revenge action star, but I can't help but think his voice is just stupid, like Christian Bale's Batman...

At least Liam's isn't put on. He talks that that normally. Besides I hope he doesn't hear you say that. Or he will find you. And when he does. He will kill you.

At least Liam's isn't put on. He talks that that normally. Besides I hope he doesn't hear you say that. Or he will find you. And when he does. He will kill you.

With his particular set of skills he's acquired over a period of time :p

Saw it a few hours ago, decent watch but more of a dvd rental on a rainy Sunday imo. Wouldn't waste my effort going to the cinema with this. Was better than Taken 2 that's for sure but Non Stop and Unknown are far better. The low production values on this makes the film poorer than it is.

Saw it a few hours ago, decent watch but more of a dvd rental on a rainy Sunday imo. Wouldn't waste my effort going to the cinema with this. Was better than Taken 2 that's for sure but Non Stop and Unknown are far better. The low production values on this makes the film poorer than it is.

Agreed. The music didn't help either, gave it a made for TV feel imo. Thought it would have a lot more suspense and the trailer unforgivably gives away what happens to a certain character so from the moment he appears in the film you know what to expect.

Have to say I found this fairly disappointing. Had the feel of a pilot for an itv series. Neeson as always is very watchable and the film is very measured, but really it all unfolds so undramatically, with very little in the way of suspense or plot twists. I found the side kick character somewhat cliched and as a sub plot just hampered the pacing. Music wise, as another poster said, it didn't really work and the sudden use of a voiceover towards the end was a big mistake, just very clumsy, jarring storytelling. The more I thought about the plot the more holes I found, it all just added up an unrewarding cinema experience. If you are compelled to see it wait for a a wet Sunday afternoon and watch it on TV, it held my interest while it was on, but ultimately it's just an average example of the genre. 5/10

Odeon have a 40% off code at the moment so watched this Friday, thought it was alright but not great. Entertaining enough in parts but a little slow and clunky with no real effort to add any twists or real reasons to the story. Another film let down by a
kid sidekick who there is no real reason for other than to help the older, out of touch protagonist with technology,
yawn

One thing I really liked though - the gunshots sounded awesome. Really loud and punchy unlike most gunshots. I've been to a shooting range and fired a few different guns and it's very rare that films get them right but this one delivered.

On another note, there was an exclusive scene for The Equalizer which looked wicked. Gave away a big scene in the movie which was unfortunate but looks like it will be a good watch and Denzel is cool as bleep in it

How do the gunshot sounds compare with those in Heat?

Not quite Heat but they weren't far off, best I've heard in a while. Think the last time I was impressed was the opening of Jack Reacher

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom