A Very "White" Peak

granty_

Hello all,

I really wasn't going to bother putting these up. But dunno....thought seeming as I'm the only one who hasn't put some snow shots up I will ;D

Well, last week I was taking my free holiday in Alsop-En-Le-Dale. What a week to pick, with some of the heaviest snowfall in a long time as we all know. It was certainly better than it raining all week!

The side effect to all this greatness was of course, we couldn't get very far in the car and thus had to walk everywhere. Luckily we was in Upper Dovedale anyway, but it would have been nice to get to places like Thorpe and even over Buxton way but it just wasn't doable as the side roads we just impassable.

So here they are:

1)Its a sheep's life - I liked how there was just one sheep looking at me!

2)One from Upper Dovedale, in 2ft of fresh untrodden snow with not a soul in sight...not many days like this in that area I tell you!

3)Shining Tor (The less famous one)

4)And a typical white peak barn:

Ta for looking,

James

Prize78

These are cracking pics mate....2 and 3 i like the best. I'm sure he's posing in number 1 too!!

indianwells

No 4 for me, with a little work it would be one for the wall! Maybe even a simple black border, it might be all it needs.:thumbsup:

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
Love them all James - I'd be happy with any one of them on my wall TBH but #4 is great and I really love #1 too - that sheep really makes it special :smashin:

Jim

granty_

Cheers guys.

Just another one I was umming and ahhing on, but most liked it even with the bin in the shot. From the back of the hotel just before I left (first time we saw sun all week!)

Ta again,

James

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
Another nice one James :smashin:

...and from the Canon too ;)

Jim

granty_

Ah yes so you read the exif :)

Yes the DSLR had fogged up despite being left in the car all night and it was internal too....so yeah cracked out the compact and cropped it to 3:2 :)

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
Ah yes so you read the exif :)

Yes the DSLR had fogged up despite being left in the car all night and it was internal too....so yeah cracked out the compact and cropped it to 3:2 :)
Only spotted it as I was checking out the focal length - just goes to show it's "eye first - technique second - equipment third" (IMO) :smashin:

JIm

Top Bottom