A Variety Of Macro & Other Images

Pirate!!

Banned
Ahoy!

Just back from 2 weeks in Florida. A varied cross-section of sample images whilst in FLA (Lord knows there's more)!

I picked up a used Sigma 100-300mm APO EX IF and a used Vivitar 100mm f/3.5 macro (Plastic Fantasic). I also used a Minolta 50mm f/1.7 and a Sigma 28-70mm EX DG.

I hope you like the posted samples. I'm working on over 200 others for the time being . . the macro's are a departure from the norm, and I have some excellent long zoom action golf shots amongst other images which I would like to share subject to feedback from this batch.

These are pretty much all experimental with newly aquired lenses and styles of shot.

Last edited:

johnaalex

Distinguished Member
A very nice set, the grasshopper and other bug macro are spot on and I like the colour and detail of the Bird Of Paradise. I am looking forward to seeing some more of the "200".

Paranormalist

Distinguished Member
Am loving #2 - the abstract nautre of it does it for me. :thumbsup: What is it?
I like #1 & #3 also. #6 of the extreme macro is brill.

Fantastic set. :smashin:

Pirate!!

Banned
Ah very good pirate, was the macros done with the plastic fantastic? If so I must get one, how much did you pay for it

Ahoy!

Thanks, and yes they were (as were many more), but you may wish to hold your money and invest in a more up-market macro such as the Tamron 90mm 1:1 Di. The PV is OK if you're on a budget as I was. I paid US $110.00 for my Vivitar version via EvilBay.

Last edited:

booyaka

nice stuff - look forward to the golf ones!:thumbsup:

Mike.P®

I had the Phoenix version of the plastic fantastic (still made by Cosina) in Pentax mount. Really good quality for the price but it got to me having to put on the macro filter every time I wanted 1:1.

Am also looking out for a Sigma 100-300mm f4 for my Pentax.

Some very nice shots there though ....:)

Pirate!!

Banned
Mike.P®;7901154 said:
I had the Phoenix version of the plastic fantastic (still made by Cosina) in Pentax mount. Really good quality for the price but it got to me having to put on the macro filter every time I wanted 1:1.

Am also looking out for a Sigma 100-300mm f4 for my Pentax.

Some very nice shots there though ....:)

I concur. It's great at the price, but with 1:1 adapter, I found IQ fall-off away from centre. 1:2 is fine. May invest in Tamron 90mm in due course. 49mm 1:1 adapter lens fits Minolta 50mm f/1.7 prime . . so a kind of pseudo macro if you want to experiment.

Pirate!!

Banned
A very nice set, the grasshopper and other bug macro are spot on and I like the colour and detail of the Bird Of Paradise. I am looking forward to seeing some more of the "200".

I wondered what that stunning flower was called! As for posting more . . . if the masses demand, I'll drip feed them in due course subject to opinions expressed with this first set.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom