A/V set up help

Masango

Hi there,

I need help for A/V set up, I am struggling to understand what I need and how to connect the equipment to make it properly

I have the following:

1. NVIDIA Shield TV 2019
2. Monitor LG 27UL650 [email protected] HDCP 2.2 HDR with stereo output via 3.5" jack, apparently it cannot be controlled via CEC
3. Sonos Beam soundbar

Sonos Beam got only HDMI ARC, whilst my Monitor LG got 2 HDMI inputs only

At present, I have the following setup that is working with SPDIF from the splitter to Sonos Beam

1. Nivida Shield --> Splitter (No ARC HDMI) --> LG monitor on splitter out 1 and Sonos Beam on splitter SPDIF

With this configuration, I cannot use the full feature of the Sonos beam, possible via HDMI ARC only, no audio if I connect Sonos to Out 2 of the splitter because it's not HDMI ARC

I am really confused on which splitter, switch or matrix shall I buy to make the Sonos beam works via HDMI ARC, any helps is really appreciated. Also assuming there is a device can help me to achieve that, which order to connect the equipment via the device, please?

Best Regards,
Davide

mushii

Distinguished Member
I think that you need an HD Fury - AVR Key that will allow you to take a separate audio feed, via HDMI. Ask @Joe Fernand as he is the most knowledgeable on HD Fury products

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: New TVs, Samsung Q800T Soundbar review, IFA latest, Movie and AV News, B+W Brad Pitt
Top Bottom