• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

A/V Receiver without all the video switching

A

AlanDL

I am not interested in feeding video signals through the A/V receiver (about to go all digital with HDMI) and not seeing any advantage in this, ie do not need a switching device. Therefore am I paying more for these features that I do not need?

Are there any good A/V receivers (around the £250-£400 range) that do not bother with video gubbings, but are still able to run Home Cinema and good with music as well?

S

skinnyfat

Unfortunately for you (others may say fortunately for them) this is very much the trend nowadays with receivers. Even HDMI switching and upconversion is making an appearence on the newer, more pricey models. You dont necessarily have to use those features and their prescence shouldn't degrade the receivers performance. Demo the models/brands in your price bracket and decide which one's best for you.

Skinny

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom