1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V In Connection

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Widescreen Wiz, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Widescreen Wiz

Widescreen Wiz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have a Canon MV850i which comes supplied with a 4-pole A/V-In cable. The problem I have is that I need one with a 90 degree bend on it so that when inserted, the plug stays almost flat against the body of the camcorder - the one supplied goes straight out.

Having looked at the Maplin catalogue, there seems to be 2 available variants - one for Sony and one for Panasonic - which have different positions on the pin for ground, audio and video.

Does anyone know which one would work with Canon?

Thanks.

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't know - but havent you got some form of continuity tester - even a battery and a torch bulb so that you could very quickly check out the connections of your supplied lead - then you'd know exactly what to get.

3. DigiStuff

DigiStuff
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,

Best place to try for this type of cable is www.keene.co.uk if they don't stock it they can make it for you.

Cheers

DigiStuff

4. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes but Keene also stock both types - so you still need to know which one you want

5. DigiStuff

DigiStuff
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Good point! Call them and ask !!

Cheers

DigiStuff