A/V dropouts on my 10m Ruipro fibre hdmi

Ooh, I've just remembered that I also was getting a/v dropouts from my other identical Ruipro cable tot the projector. We only use the PJ when the TV is physically turned off at the wall, so can't see how that could be a CEC issue. Will work on testing that again, firstly trying the power injector.

Ooh, I've just remembered that I also was getting a/v dropouts from my other identical Ruipro cable tot the projector. We only use the PJ when the TV is physically turned off at the wall, so can't see how that could be a CEC issue. Will work on testing that again, firstly trying the power injector.
PJ's have been problematic for some. The thought is that the current output at the HDMI port fluctuates too much for the HDMI chipsets to maintain a constant enough signal, hence the use of a voltage inserter. But........

Ugh! The Lindy adapter seems to have broken. No sound at all via arc when the Lindy adapter is in. Take it out and I get the sound back. Been through the settings a million times to check. So back to either accepting the audio dropout but retaining CEC, or using optic but losing CEC. Will book RicherSounds in for a warranty repair.

Yeah, that does sound like a service issue then. Either the Lindy works (no CEC but ARC is retained) or it doesn't (issue not resolved). Sorry.

Oh dear. RicherSound came round and completely replaced the motherboard on my TV. As far as the connectivity and processing is concerned, its an entirely new TV. Dropouts still happen.

So I've changed the AVR, changed the HDMI cables and changed the TV! How on earth does this still happen? What is the common thing I'm missing? Is it a flaw in Denon's HMDI hardware, that means that it repeats in two of their AVRs, or perhaps a flaw in LG's HDMI hardware.

Ok. Have you disabled ARC/CEC altogether on all HDMI connected devices? I forget if we suggested that. That way you could use the optical cable from the tv to the receiver for audio from the tv and use a programmable remote like a Harmony for the CEC (single remote control) functions. Of course you will be limited to 5.1 audio, no HD audio, but it may just be an incompatibility with CEC (which is not uncommon). Another possible, and I say possible, is the overcrowding in the conduit even tho you were able to repeat the problem with the cable(s) outside of the conduit.

Yes, I could use my Harmony remote, as optical is fine, and HDMI with Lindy CEC adapter works. Only reason i'm pushing for a resolution with RS is that I want to keep using the LG magic remote, not the harmony.

Yes, I could use my Harmony remote, as optical is fine, and HDMI with Lindy CEC adapter works. Only reason i'm pushing for a resolution with RS is that I want to keep using the LG magic remote, not the harmony.
I get that. I too like the LG remote but have not tried to set it up as a universal remote for the C8 setup upstairs. I have another LCD-based home theater system downstairs that I also use a Harmony remote with. But, if I could get away with the LG remote for the C8...... looks like an afternoon project. However, I don't use the built-in apps so it would need to be able to control the receiver, AppleTV4k, cable box, and the UHD/BD player. Just like the Harmony does now.

I get that. I too like the LG remote but have not tried to set it up as a universal remote for the C8 setup upstairs. I have another LCD-based home theater system downstairs that I also use a Harmony remote with. But, if I could get away with the LG remote for the C8...... looks like an afternoon project. However, I don't use the built-in apps so it would need to be able to control the receiver, AppleTV4k, cable box, and the UHD/BD player. Just like the Harmony does now.
My magic remote controls my BluRay fine which is connected to AVR.

My magic remote controls my BluRay fine which is connected to AVR.
Good to know. Now, if I can get it to control my avr, cable box, ATV4k, and switch the inputs accordingly..... 😉.

Good to know. Now, if I can get it to control my avr, cable box, ATV4k, and switch the inputs accordingly..... 😉.
Thats pushing it! Yeah it controls AVR volume and on/off, and any of the functions of my bluray, but only once they're all on. Not sure its ever going to perform the harmony role of switching between sources etc.

Thats pushing it! Yeah it controls AVR volume and on/off, and any of the functions of my bluray, but only once they're all on. Not sure its ever going to perform the harmony role of switching between sources etc.
If that's the case, then it's the Harmony all the way. The LG remote is nice, but I only want one remote for the upstairs HTS and one for the downstairs HTS.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom