A/V AMPLIFIER Comparison.

jkbmusic

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have two A/V Amplifiers. One is currently wired into my system, playing via a 5.1 speaker system. The 5 speakers are connected to the designated loudspeaker terminals, and the powered sub-woofer, via the single designated RCA Phono sub-woofer socket out.

The other A/V Amplifier is at the moment redundant.

Is it possible to switch between the two, to compare and contrast the listening experience. In other words, while playing for example the T.V. via its Audio out, via one of the A/V Amps “in” sockets, to then switch to the other A/V Amp., without having to unplug and reconnecting all the 13 cables, (10 speaker cables[L&R]/1xSub RCA/2xT.V RCA).

I’m having difficulty finding any switching solution. Is this because I’m trying to do the almost impossible.

Hmmm, it may be a lot easier to compare the sound of the two units just in stereo.

I've done that before with AVRs, takes up a lot less time.

ALso @jkbmusic it would be really interesting, if you have the time, if you could make the test conditions as identical as possible and do the comparison blind, then report back to us here:

ALso @jkbmusic it would be really interesting, if you have the time, if you could make the test conditions as identical as possible and do the comparison blind, then report back to us here:

I’ve read the other thread. Although I found it interesting, it doesn’t seem to answer my question about a switcher. I’ll just have to keep searching, or do the easy option and give up and sell on the one I decide is redundant.

The cost of a good two input , with 2x 5 channel input, and one 5 channel output- speaker level, and two input, one output RCA would probably be uneconomical. You'd need a custom made switch box up, most likely.

Or just use multiple stereo switches. Still pricey by the time you have several of them.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom