A TV licence Sales letter

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevykat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So got the following through the post today.
Been TV license free for 18 months. Isn't it great that they just assume you need one and will arrange a visit to prove the fact. I was told upon cancellation i would not be contacted for another 2 years. Clearly not the case. The letter is not even addressed to me personally either. With all these folk cancelling their licenses they must be needing that extra funding.
Think i will keep them all to see how much im harassed by them

20161214_174927.jpg

Last edited:
Don't worry about it. keep ignoring their letters & after a few years expect a visit. A chap called here, invited him in & he didn't bother checking, had a quick chat & off he went. Five years ago now !

Ive got a 65 inch monitor as far as im concerned. Ive not dish or aerial. Only things connected to my "monitor" are the internet, ps4 and fire tv box.
Just because i own a tv doesn't mean i watch live tv.
Just because i have a pint of milk in the fridge doesn't mean i have a cow in the garden [emoji16]

Owning a TV does not mean you have to have a TV license ! I watch DVDs on my 65" TV too !
Also there is no legal obligation to supply details when buying a TV these days either.
A TV license is for live TV & nowadays catch up TV.

Here we go again, I'm expecting 20+ pages of License fee whining to start, deep joy :devil: :(.

If the thread offends me I choose not to read :p

I never get that. Moan about something you've no interest in. Plenty threads i don't bother opening as I've no interest but i don't feel the need to comment and tell them that.

Just ignore it as said don't see what the issue is tbf you've been licence free for 18 months but they've sent you a letter?

After being told I'd be left alone for 2 years. Not the case. When i cancelled they knew who i was plus i had been paying the fee 5 years prior. Now im down as current occupier apparently. Clutching at straws to get a sale

Stick it in the bin and move on.

Ive got a 65 inch monitor as far as im concerned. Ive not dish or aerial. Only things connected to my "monitor" are the internet, ps4 and fire tv box.
Just because i own a tv doesn't mean i watch live tv.
Just because i have a pint of milk in the fridge doesn't mean i have a cow in the garden [emoji16]

Just an observation, that's all.

A few months ago that would have qualified as not needing a licence. Now it is not so clear cut because both your PS4 and your Fire TV have BBC iPlayer and you now need I licence to watch that. Just means that the setup alone isn't sufficient you need to tell them that you are not watching iPlayer on it.

Back to the letter - as for the visit, really? They would go to the cost and trouble of a visit when it is pointless unless you are silly enough to let them catch you in the act.

Cheers,

Nigel

Most smart tv's have iplayer as bloatware also but you have to confirm that you have a license now. Why dont they make it so you have to login in to iplayer with license number etc to avoid cheats.
The means are there to watch live TV and if you watch live tv you need it. I legit watch zero live tv.
Its like owning a car. You can buy a car without a license but you need the license to drive it.

Most smart tv's have iplayer as bloatware also but you have to confirm that you have a license now. Why dont they make it so you have to login in to iplayer with license number etc to avoid cheats.
The means are there to watch live TV and if you watch live tv you need it. I legit watch zero live tv.
Its like owning a car. You can buy a car without a license but you need the license to drive it.

That's what I thought they were going to do but I guess it would be too expensive for them to implement and control.

Road fund licence - not so apparently. Since they got rid of the tax disk, DVLA are reporting a sharp fall in licence revenue. So unless the number of cars on the roads sharply reduced overnight (which it didn't) there is now a significant number of untaxed cars on the road now.

Cheers,

Nigel

Last edited:

There are hundreds of threads about this, we don't need another one just because you got the letter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom