A Time To Kill Blu-ray Review & Comments

Tech News

Reaction score
Reviewed by Keith Hurst, 11th February 2009
I am proud to say that A Time to Kill is one of my guilty pleasures, it's like a burly rugby player standing up and confessing his love of Brokeback Mountain. I know the story has its faults and I know it is all too sugary sweet in places but I cannot help but enjoy this film. Every time I watch it the important scenes continually rope me in, and still to this day I'm left with a lump in my throat during that final summation.Technically this has never been a great release and whilst this edition does up the stakes somewhat on both the video and audio front the continued lack of extras is a complete let down. This is certainly worth mentioning and the final score refelcts this.

You'll either enjoy this film or you won't, and if you fall into the latter category I am sure you'll be wondering why I recommend this disc. It's a good enough watch, not demanding and it's not one you can re-watch every so often but I do enjoy seeing it every couple of years. At those times it gets those emotional strings pulled every time. I welcome this into my Blu-ray collection and I hope you do also but the decision to rent or buy outright I will have to leave up to you and you alone.
Read the full review...

Great film,great review.Top notch pic and sound..

Warners,i hope this is a sign of things to come.:thumbsup:

I can retire the LD,one of the first i bought.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom